Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Scariest Anime You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Commander Theriot, Sep 24, 2014.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I think Super recommended it to me as well. I still have yet to watch it... Might watch it in October... Just finished Gundam 00 season 1, about to finish Terror in Resonance as well.. So I may start watching along side the second season of Gundam 00...

2. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    you could try Another but its not really scary.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    In the beginning I used to fear reading certain chapters (from the books) because I always wondered if certain character were going to ring the bell at that moment. The shock of it kind of wore off on me though. I think there is only one character now that I want to live, and it's ironically the one character I wanted dead from the first episode.

Thoughts on Ghost Hunt...
    My brother didn't like it. I haven't seen it but I usually take his opinion pretty seriously. That one is going to have to wait for my other backlog of anime before I take a look.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I don't know who I've recommended it to, all I do know is that I definitely recommended it to Hatless and Soul a long time ago and that I really enjoyed Ghost Hunt.
    My recommendation to watch it goes with watch it late at night with as little light as possible for full effect. If you can watching it during windy weather with trees scratching against the house is even better.
    And yes it has an amazing dub, the 'Aussie' is so amusing to listen to, that alone made me really enjoy this series. I wish it had more, I know the source material had at least 2 other arcs that weren't adapted so I'm a bit sad about that. For a low classification rating shoujo series it was pretty enjoyable for me.

Another wasn't scary, it was intense at times sure but not scary. Although I couldn't take my widened eyes away from the screen during those scenes.

The only anime to make me flinch were Higurashi [that nail scene] and Corpse Party. Since Higurashi isn't scary that kind of leaves Corpse Party, but I didn't find it scary either more just that when they first go to cut someones tongue out onscreen I flinched slightly.

You could try the short series Yami Shibai, each episode is a one off story about a supernatural occurrence. They range in the level of creepiness that they are but some definitely could be seen as scary to some.

I just don't find anime scary I guess. If anything I should have stumbled upon the scariest ones due to my preferred genres, but I haven't so....

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    You mean the OVA Tortured Souls? It sounds interesting, I might check it out... After reading the plot, it sounds like it becomes silly when they go to another world. Why couldn't they just have a murder story in their real world? Damn supernatural ~_~

This was definitely the most gruesome scene I have ever seen in anime. Also, what about in Another when... SPOILER FOR ANOTHER, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.
    the teacher slits his throat open and when they girl falls on her umbrella?

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @VeritasOdiumParit yep the OVA series of Corpse Party, it offers gore unlike anything we've seen recently in anime due to Japan's strict broadcasting laws. And if you do watch Corpse Party you won't be able to say that the nail scene in Higurashi is the most gruesome scene you've seen anymore. As for why they couldn't have a murder story in the real world, it revolves around ghosts killing people in a different dimension, so that is why.

Those scenes from Another were amazing. Until I saw that scene in episode 3 I was starting to grow a little bored of the show because I had just wanted the horror. Then that happened and oh my god, my view changed completely and I caught up to where it had aired. Then that second seven happened and wow, it was killing me waiting that week just to find out what happened because they teased it in the end of the previous episode. These scenes were too amazing for me to find scary, with widened eyes full of excitement I watched on intrigued by every second of these scenes.
    Yeah I have different reactions when it comes to anime horror than a lot of other people do, Mafia is someone that understands what I mean by this though.

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Yup, dats the one you recommended me. XD

Corpse Party = best gore I've seen in anime
    But, umm... Even though I did squirm a bit out of enjoyment in Corpse Party, I squirmed at a much higher level in dat Higurashi scene. Nail scene = more intense than any singular thing in Corpse Party.

I... still haven't got around to Another... :/
    Hehe. Question, SK; Which one of us likes gore more?...

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Shame on you all lol for not recing the awesomeness that is

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/12445

And for also not recing

Elfen Lied
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/226/Elfen_Lied

I HIGHLY rec Dusk Maiden though, and caution with Elfe as it contains a lot of gore but if u can make it past ep 1 then, you've seen the worst part of the gore in the anime. (Still tons to come of course)

Have u seen Elfen Lied yet? @Mafiacow
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/226/Elfen_Lied

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    First ep has most of the gore...?

No, I haven't yet. From what I hear, it's mostly just blood splatter. Trust me when I say

10. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    then you've heard wrong Mafia. Elfen has lots o gore, such as decapitation and then some. I dunno how it compares to CP but, u NEED to watch it, NYOW! Your "God" commands you to watch Elfen Lied now.

[​IMG]

11. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And sorry, Chaika has taken higher priority right now; gore-ish and catboy.

>Implying that Konata and Lelouch are my gods
    [​IMG]

12. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I've seen worse in Elfen Lied than what you just posted. ;) Also, Nyu/Lucy is kinda like a cat girl, in a way though I don't think she's an actual cat girl but has the horns/ears that look similar at least.

Someone sure loves this implying business, perhaps a bit too much lol and who said they were your gods? I shall not tell as to which I meant, for, there can be many answers to what I meant. ;)
    [​IMG]

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I doubt that. And anyaway, I only posted those bits 'cause decapitations were asked for, and those were the standout two in my folder.
    Only 'cause of the horn things. Horns < Ears. Not cat.

I blame Maddy. She's caused me to go ">implying" all over the place.
    "Who said they were your gods?" Err... you did...
    Unless you're meaning that other thing... in which case
    >Implying a god takes orders from other gods

14. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Natsuru-san Yes Elfen Lied had a lot of gore at the beginning. But, I wouldn't say it was the scariest anime I have ever seen. There are a lot of cute scenes in it. Plus, the ending felt rushed as they finished the anime before the manga I believe? (Correct me if I'm wrong).

As for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, I still have yet to see it. At the moment I'm watching the second season of Gundam 00. So it will take me some time to get round to watching these horror anime.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @VeritasOdiumParit Elfen Lied was not even scary, it was violence, where is the creepy part about that? OH MY GOD SHE TORE OF HIS HEAD While completely naked........., that would only be scary if you were there experiencing it, watching this as an anime is nothing to get jumpy about. Everyone seems to forget that underneath all the violence and nudity this is just a poorly written romance series. And yes the ending is unfinished as the manga had more to come, although from what I've heard it is much better that it wasn't adapted because and again this is only from memory so I am not entirely sure now
    eventually Lucy comes back to the MC and asks him to kill her, after some time he complies and now she's dead. The MC hooks up with his cousin and has a kid and calls it after lucy/nu I'm not sure which one.
    I think that is the gist of it.

As for Dusk Maiden of Amnesia it was a good show but not exactly creepy. I will give concede that it can be creepier than Elfen Lied but it isn't good for something to watch if you want a scare.

If you want something that actually creeped me out a little why not try something more farfetched, this OVA paired with its music and unusual animation style could definitely be scary
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/6809/Toshi_Densetsu_Monogatari_Hikiko
    Go ahead and watch it of a night, probably better with lights off for the full effect, see what you think of it and tell me sometime. I watched it at 5pm so I wasted the chance to find it extra creepy by watching it at night but it definitely has the potential.

16. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I think you meant to tag Natsuru-San? I never said Elfen Lied was scary. Just a bit of gore at the beginning..

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @VeritasOdiumParit nope didn't mean to, I wanted your attention for the manga part so you'd know if you wanted to. Also you stated why you didn't find it scary so I added to it with my own reasons.

And here I thought this tag was about you considering watching Urban Legend Story Hikiko, I'm disappointed now. I thought I had found someone else to share this with. Guess it will stay with just Noobs for now.

18. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Mafiacow Now THAT my dear Watson you'll have to figure out what I was saying. I'm sorry but Holmes is in another casetle. ;)

@VeritasOdiumParit I don't read manga hardly at all so, glad Knight helped answer that. And, I dislike what I read in the spoiler regarding the manga...

@Supernatural-Knight read above and as for Lied, truth be told anime doesn't really scare me, so I tried to think of the most scariest anime I've seen and those two came to mind, though yes Lied isn't that scary keep in mind, others might be scared of it. As for Dusk Maiden, now THAT ONE was a bit scary, mainly had a creepy factor to it at times and thus I highly rec it. I mean, I could say Higurashi (Dub at least) isn't scary as it isn't, sure it gets weird and somewhat creepy at times but, not scary, that said, that's just me and everyone has their own set of what is and what isn't this or that so no use trying to say this wasn't really scary and so on. Now, if say for example I'd rec'd the looney toons then yea, THAT isn't scary one bit at all.

19. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I just read the plot to Urban Legend Story... actually it sounds pretty immense. I will get round to watching it at some point. Let me add it to Myanimelist. It sounds like something that would appeal to me. I like the obscure!!

Also, I thought that may have been why you tagged me. Apologies.

@Natsuru-san I haven't read any manga either. My friend told me about it before I saw the ending and noticed it when I watched it. Besides, it ended fine. I just think it could have been a little more epic. Maybe I just have high expectations. I think I have built up a reputation for being very picky about my anime :cool:

20. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I remember watching Higurashi being the first time I had seen cicadas used in horror, and the thought of their creepy screeching noise kept me up one night. I didn't find the whole anime to be very scary, but it is the closest I have come to being scared by an anime.