Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

SAO II: Throughts so far?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Rouge_assassin, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I'M JEALOUS SO I'M GONNA RAPE YOU

- SAO II 2014

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah......Honestly this episode alone is making me ready to take back that this season is at all better than the first. Because at least they did the damn villains right

I totally did not call that knight guy being the villain and the fight with him was epic since Kirito had lost to him once before. Even though it ended with a bit of a dues ex machina it was still a satisfying ending to the first arc. With the second arc you knew who the villain was from the start. But that slime ball was just so damn annoying that you can not put my joy into words seeing him get owned.

But this time?
    It's just some complete nobody we've seen maybe half a dozen times and best and barely talked and his stupid brother. If the villains were only the remnants of laughing coffin it would have been fine but they gave the big face reveal to that loser? Really?

Season 2 has better pacing but it seems to be doing everything else possible wrong. The only hope this season has if like how the second arc of season 1 was worse than the first the second arc (assuming they even have one) of this will be better than the first.

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Actually the second arc will probably be better.
    It has a girl with AIDS this time round.

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well then........
    [​IMG]c

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Yeah as you can see the LN gets worse.

6. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    So the opening spoils it huh? Well shhhhhiiieeettt... let's take a look. Hmm... I'm not 100% sure but that's because I have no idea who most of the characters are.
    Meta seems like the most patient anime watcher. He keeps getting disappointed but he doesn't stop watching.
    This thread continues to amuse me.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I rarely stop watching a show once I start. I've been doing it a bit more lately than in the past since my tastes have developed a bit more and cliche stuff bores me more easily but even then I only drop something if it's so boring I can't stand it. Glasslip was one such example of a show so dull and uninteresting I just kept puttin off watching it. There are also a few anime who I read the manga of before watching the anime and while the anime wasn't bad it was just too boring since I had already seen the manga and knew what was going to happen.

With SAO II I am getting more dissapointed but it still has enough there to keep me watching.

8. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I heard it gets better in a few arcs though. However I do not know the validity of that statement (I mean it is SAO we are talking about). It is sad though, SAO had the potential to be an amazing long ruining series. I mean seriously, they were trapped in an MMO and the only way out was by defeating 100 level bosses. If I was in charge of the anime company that bought the rights to make a show on that.....

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I hear the "Underworld" arc is good and is also the first significant connection to accel world the series makes beyond the Nerve hear being seen in Accel World because that game also have time acceleration although not as powerful as Acel Worlds and without the ability to apply that acceleration to the real world. So you could call underworld the Alpha version of Brain Burst.

10. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wait... SAO and Accel World take place in the same universe?

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    They are by the same author and although I don't know if it's directly stated but it has been hinted at. Like in one episode of Accel World when the MC is looking up info on the brain chip he scrolls past an image of Nerve Gear. So yeah they do apparently take place in the same universe but with Accel World taking place far enough into the future that high schoolers with special implants that must be put in either at dircth or just an early age (Because I remember adults couldn't use Brain Burst due to not having this little device) to be common place. So you are probably looking at at last 20 years into the future or so especially since I got the impression nerve gear was considered a relic of the previous generation.

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So I know as anime viewers we have to trash SAO.
    But the dub outtakes are some of the funniest dub outtakes I've seen

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Shogun13 I know you like watching this thread so what if I told you that episode 13 is my favourite episode of SAO2 so far? The interesting thing is, after all of the promised gun battles simply not happening and that amazing dialogue my favourite part of this series is the domestic violence of ep 13. When that happened it was, well somewhat predictable sure but it was the best bit in my opinion so far. This VA did a good job here so I enjoyed it quite a bit, that moment that a character snaps is always a good watch.
    http://myanimelist.net/people/16635/Natsuki_Hanae
    I hope this guy goes places because his acting is definitely worth watching when done like that. First that final episode of Tokyo Ghoul and now Death Gun.

14. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I didn't even notice he was same guy from Tokyo ghoul.Looking at this list hes done lot recent shows.

15. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hmm domestic violence eh? Well it sounds like somethings happening at least.

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Yeah it took 13 episodes but this show FINALLY did something that I enjoyed watching. I didn't think it really would but when that change happened in that character I knew shit would get interesting. Domestic violence being the best episode so far in a gun VRMMO is a bit sad though.

I know right, this VA is relatively new to the industry, his first role was back in 2012 and since then he has been making slow progress with the amount of roles he's had. I find this many main character roles to be impressive for someone new to the industry.

17. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Boring Asuna Arc to end the season......

Hope we get the Alicization chapter sooner rather than 2 years later.....

18. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Is it still airing??? Ugh...(waiting for the dub)

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    yeah well this is what happens when you spend just a bit over half a season one one arc and then give half a season to what are basically side stories. Even if it's not filler it still doesn't have a ton of impact on the main arc and I kind of doubt we'll see any of this stuff again.

I mean it could have been worse but considering how the GGO arc was mediocre at best this did not help the season at all.

With season 1 I've though of buying it on Amazon a few times but I don't have any desire to ever buy this right now. The only reason I would is if I did get season 1 and just wanted to have both seasons.

20. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'd still buy it. If it wasn't 70 (fucking) dollars for each part.