Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Samurai Jack’ Season 5, Coming To Adult Swim March 11th

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    One of the most iconic and beloved Cartoon Network series of all time is making a comeback.

The original Samurai Jack series ran from 2001 to 2004 with a total of 52 episodes. The series was nominated for six Primetime Emmy Awards during this time, winning four. Since the end of its run, Tartakovsky has teased the character’s return.

Ever since the show’s fourth season ended in 2004, creator Genndy Tartakovsky has continued to tease fans with potential plans for a movie or a new season. After a decade of waiting, it began to seem unlikely that the fan favorite series would ever return, but in 2015, Adult Swim decided to green-light a fifth and final season. So tune in March 11th on Adult Swim Saturday night to catch the first airing of Samurai Jack Season 5.

Adult Swim describes the story:
    50 years have passed, but... Samurai Jack does not age. Time has not been kind to him. “Aku has destroyed every time portal and Jack has stopped aging, a side effect of time travel. It seems Jack is cursed to just roam the land for all of eternity.” Unfortunately for Jack, his journey is just as fraught with danger and peril as it was when it began 50 years ago.

Airing on Adult Swim, the fifth season of Samurai Jack will be able to go places and explore themes that the previous seasons weren’t. For example, we see blood more than once in the trailer above, and reports have indicated that Jack will be forced to fight and kill humans this time around, as opposed to robots.

And if you missed the behind-the-scenes video on the production of Season 5, you can check that out below as well.

In other words, Samurai Jack is going to be more geared toward an adult audience for its final season, which makes sense considering that everyone who watched the show back in 2001 has grown up.

Samurai Jack season 5 premieres Saturday, March 11th at 11PM ET/PT on Adult Swim.​

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    So hyped! Was sad when this got delayed last year but at the same time glad they didn't rush anything and pushed out a less than amazing final season. I already have my kids watching the first 4 seasons in preparation.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    You weren't the only person saddened by the delay. It's as though Iv'e been dreaming all this time. Never would I have imagined we'd get a conclusion (At least I hope so) to Samurai Jack. You can really pick up on them not wishing to rush it either. Just from the trailer alone it's a much darker tone & setting which I'm perfectly alright with. Well hope your kids are enjoying the show as much as you are re-watching it.

Also, I went and added this to Lax's Ongoing Dub Releases thread since we have Samurai Jack already. So come I think the second or third week of March we can get the first episode of Season 5 uploaded provided it isn't water marked or logo heavy.

4. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    It looks darker than the previous seasons. I can't wait to check it out.