Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Sam Smith To Sing The Spectre Theme

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Sep 9, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Sam Smith To Sing The Spectre Theme
    Writing's On The Wall for the British singer-songwriter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]08 September 2015 | Written by Owen Williams | Source: Twitter

[​IMG]

There was talk of Ellie Goulding or Radiohead, but neither has turned out to be performing the new Bond theme. Sam Smith has announced this morning that he's got the Spectre gig. The titles will roll to a song called 'Writing's On The Wall'.

Smith will be the first British male solo artist to nab a Bond theme since Tom Jones struck like Thunderball in 1965. "This is one of the highlights of my career," says Smith. "I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song. I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line-up of some of my biggest musical inspirations. I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it."

Bookies William Hill got suspicious a couple of months ago and withdrew the betting when someone put a whopping £15k on Radiohead. "Nobody puts £15k on a hunch," they said. So what was all that about?

Singer-songwriter Smith won the 2014 BRIT Critic's Choice Award and the BBC's Sound Of 2014 poll, and released his debut album, In The Lonely Hour, in May last year. He was nominated for six Grammys this year and won four. 'Writing's On The Wall' is co-written with his regular collaborator Jimmy Napes.

Expect the song online shortly; we'll post it when it arrives. Its official release date is September 25.Spectre is out on October 26. For everything we know about it so far, check out Empire's essential briefing.