Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Rosario+Vampire

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2993/Rosario_+_Vampire

By a bizzare coincidence, Tsukune Aono has accidentally gotten himself admitted to a youkai academy, a school attended by monsters. Just when he thinks he'll run away from there, he meets the beautiful girl Moka and his mood turns ultra happy. However, she transforms into her true form when the rosary on her chest is taken off, she's a super vampire!

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The anime is okay but if you liked it I highly recommend the manga. It has a little less fan service, has MUCH more action especially as the series progresses, and has a real plot to it. There is also some pretty violent scenes at a few points in the series and especially in the later portion. The manga is completed BTW so you can read it from beginning to end.

3. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    A couple of things I will say about this anime. Its very and I mean very repetitive with almost every episode ending the same way. It didn't get interesting to me until the last couple episodes. what was the plot cause I have no idea. Lastly, there were way to many panty shots. the comedy was okay but the running gag with bat got old fast. @Metazoxan i haven't read the manga but people usually say that its better than the anime

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

Yeah the manga isn't nearly as repetitive as the anime. Because like I said the manga actually has a plot whereas the anime just goes with a "monster of the week formula" with a random monster causing trouble. The manga is kind of like this at first as the first few dozen chapters deal with Tsukune meeting the various girls and having to either fight them or fighting trouble makers around school. But again it has a bit more plot to it and the story evolved over time and real antagonists show up instead of doing the same thing every episode/chapter.

Also because it's a harem series there is fan service but not nearly as much as in the anime. I'm not sure who's idea it was to force in so many panty shots but that was not in the manga.

lastly the bat is technically in the manga but he only really shows up when Kokoa shows up and he's only there to be her weapon and never says anything as far as I remember. Meaning some "genius" saw that bat and thought "Hey I should take him and turn him into a gag character that shows up constantly throughout the series" it's probably the same guy who apparently had a panty fetish and added a million extra panty shots.

5. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy fan service but even I have my limits. Well I'm glad that none of that is in the manga. I might give the Manga a try but not anytime soon, maybe if pops up in the Manga club but even then I might not pick it.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I really do recommend it. Especially the later chapters where things get a lot more dramatic and serious and Tsukune stops being a useless idiot hiding behind his monster harem all the time.

Plus if you enjoy lesser amounts of fan service the manga has a more controlled amount so that is a plus. For those that don't like fan service it's not so common that it's in the way (again especially in the later chapters where things get real)

7. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    That's right, that's another thing I hated, Tsukune is useless. I know he's a human but come on and somehow always finds a way to remove Moka's rosary.

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that happens for a while in the manga too, because he is just a normal human after all, but eventually he starts to contribute himself and not through random ass aura attacks like at the end of season 2.....seriously what the hell was that?

So yeah Manga Tsukune actually mans up.

9. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    That's good lol

if I remember correctly, it was due to Moka's blood. When she gave some to Tsukune so he could live at the end of season 1.

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I won't spoil the details for you but that plays a bigger part in the manga and I mean a MUCH bigger part.

11. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure it does lol and I was hopping it would transfer over the 2nd season but was highly disappointed that it only played a small part at the end of season 2 and it wasn't that great. That was pretty much why I wanted to see S2.

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    season 2 was 90% filler. Almost all of that wasn't in the manga or was heavily edited from what was in the manga and the ending even contradicts what was in the manga because Moka's father is NOT one of the heads of the school. In fact he has nothing to do with the school at all and Tsukune never meets the guy until the end of the manga.

13. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ^

14. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that's exactly what I got from S2. Also, Tsukune was a dick to the other Moka and I hated that.

Everytime you say something about the manga that contradicts the anime, it makes me want to read it more.

15. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    hehehe they do that better to. Tsukune is afraid of Inner Moka at first like in the anime but as the series progresses he gets to know her better and starts to treat her like the other girls and she also becomes a bit more open.

This is never shown in the anime because the anime pretty much throws out the Manga's plot before this really becomes noticeable.

16. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    THAT'S IT, I'm reading the manga and I blame you @Metazoxan lol

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sweet:D. Just remember that the anime and manga are fairly similar (except for the stupid bat and panty shots) at first so don't be discouraged if you aren't noticing much change the first few chapters. But they branch off right when the manga really starts to get good. But don't skip the early chapters because some important stuff got a little changed (For example the first time they meet Mizore happens at a different time).

BTW I made a thread for manga discussion specifically.
    http://www.dubtopia.eu/forum/index.php?threads/rosario-vampire-manga.4986/

#17 Metazoxan, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  18. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I imagine they are but that won't bother me too much.

That's great thanks but it will take me a bit to start reading it, especially now that I started watching more anime in my spare time and with the new discussion thread.

19. Ophelia Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    i herd there is gonna be a season 3 is that true or not?

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I doubt it. They screwed up season 2 so bad a third season would be hard.