Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Not A Bug Randomly Logging Out

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Batosai, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I don't know if anyone else has this or if it will keep happening, but just wanted to make note of it anyway. Whenever i go to a different page on the forum, i get logged out and have to log in again. It's been happening all evening now and it's getting quite annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This has happened to me 100 times the last few weeks.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This is strange as I haven't experienced this once. If it's alright asking @Batosai & @KnowMeFrom what devices or web-browsers are you using? Maybe it's a browser or device issue. This does cause concern though and I'm glad you brought it up Bato.​

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing to check is your bookmarks! I've had this issue before until I figured out the problem that was causing it. A forum I went to before the owner let the domain expire (forum was pretty inactive and the site pretty much died along with it) was bookmarked using HTTP instead of HTTPS, so when she switched to SSL (the use of HTTPS), it would log me out anytime I clicked on a link in the forum because the cookie was being set for one protocol (the one I was using) instead of the correct one (the one the forum was using) and the forum was invalidating the cookie and session every single time I moved from the bookmarked page.

Ensure that all your bookmarks and links are being directed to https://justanimeforum.net and this should fix all your problems. If the logout persists after updating all your bookmarks and links, please reply to the thread again with Vladnyx's information request.

I'm about 99% sure it's a protocol issue typically coming from using outdated bookmarks and very easy to overlook.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    @Vashnik thanks for the tip. It's stopped happening now so i think it solved itself. Atleast i'll know where to check now if it ever happens again in the future.

I'm using google chrome on my laptop. Always have used chrome coming to this site.

6. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Did you select the "Stay logged in option"? I always use that and I never get logged out.

7. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It's not this. It's definitely an issue with this site as I use two other XenForo forums without a problem.

I would be shocked if the issue was on my end.

Same

8. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The reason I said to check the bookmarks is because it could be site related, while at the same time not actually a problem with the site itself. Using a different protocol than what the forum's settings have will cause log out issues like this. For all intents and purposes, http and https sites are technically two different sites using the same directory. They also use two different ports for you to connect to the web server. The forum currently has the settings set to use HTTPS (the secure protocol), so using HTTP (the unsecured protocol) will cause cookie invalidation and session problems. In my experiences installing and configuring various types of forum software, not a single one supported or encouraged the use of two different protocols at the same time. The forum has to use one or the other to build the links, so crossing from one protocol to the other treats that as a new session and the forum will only redirect you to it's installed/configured location.

9. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I've only been using https so thats not the issue.

10. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I'll try that. It was actually not checked and i never knew it was there xD

11. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    That used to happen to me a lot, especially when I'm downloading. But, ever since I checked the "Stay logged in?" box, that never happened again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.