Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Resolved Question About Community Standards

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Vashnik, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going through the Community Standards thread and I saw this:
    "In the interests of personal safety we do not permit the posting of personal information other than your own. This includes usernames, email addresses etc."
    I don't recall this being there before the forum's restructuring, but I could have missed it. Does this include existing threads such as: Official JDO Gamer Tag List
    Or does the thread get exempt from it because it's a volunteer/opt in based thread. Even though users post their own information, I edit my original post to make it easier for fellow members to find. So more specfically, will my original post in the thread need to be restructured, or is it fine as is?

Also, for signatures:
    "No Advertising/External Links, other than to JAF forum posts, JAN sites, or MAL/AP profiles."
    This includes non-rival external links, correct? Or is this more towards cutting off links to anime sites that are considered competition/rival to JAN as a whole?

2. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    The thread is fine. It's volunteer and a way for members to connect with the games they play.
    Yes. it does include non-rival links for the time being. While rare, there have been some that have put bad links in their signatures (intentional or not). As stated though, MAL and AP are exempt since it's common place for signatures in an anime community. That said, I doubt it will be heavily enforced unless the link is really bad.

• Like Like x 1