Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Psycho-Pass 2nd season + Movie [Updated]

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Ovyda, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    [Update]

The official website for Noitamina announced on Friday that in addition to the second season of the Psycho-Pass anime, a brand-new film for Production I.G's anime is also green-lit. A trailer was screened for the film at Friday's Psycho-Pass screening event in Tokyo.

Production I.G President & CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa acknowledged in his Anime Expo panel in July that a second season of the Psycho-Pass anime is in the works. He also hinted that an “important announcement” would be made at the screening event of all 22 episodes of the anime.

The psychological action anime debuted in Japan last October. Funimation streamed the first season as it aired in Japan, and confirmed in March that it will release the season on Blu-ray Disc and DVD next spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old post

@Supernatural-Knight - because otherwise you wouldn't notice.

Production I.G President & CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa acknowledged in his Anime Expo panel on Saturday that a second season of the Psycho-Pass anime is in the works. According to Ishikawa, script development and production are underway.

The psychological action series debuted in Japan last October. Funimation streamed the series as it aired in Japan, and confirmed in March that it will release the anime on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in Spring 2014.

The official website for the television anime series announced on Friday that an all-night screening event will include an "important project announcement." The event will screen the entire 22-episode series in select theaters in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, and Sapporo on September 6 starting at 9:00 p.m.

The announcement will be made at the Tokyo site, while the remaining screening locations will have live streaming of the announcement. The series' main cast and staff will also attend.

The anime's eighth Blu-ray Disc and DVD volumes will ship on July 26. Each disc will include an application for a random drawing that will give away free tickets to the screening event. Winners will be notified at the end of August.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Ovyda thank you so much for sharing this news, you are right I probably would have missed this otherwise since I hadn't yet seen anything about it.

Okay so initial thoughts, "holly crap, holly crap, holly crap". After that brilliant  first season that I would encourage everyone to watch I am really looking forward to this. I hope they manage to keep the same level of what made this show so brilliant in the first place. Although I am a little worried about the plot and some of the other characters.

So Makishima is dead and Kogami is still at large, my concern is that Kogami will be the main focus or person being hunted for x amount of eps, this could be really interesting but since we got to know him from the first 22 eps I hope this suspicion is wrong.
    Also since my 2 favourite characters died someone else is going to have to step up and play the roles of awesome badass characters as that brunette chick was too boring. Maybe the old boss could become the type of characters I respected.

So yeah, really looking forward to this and hope it does well.

3. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, nobody checks this section after all.

I think Akane is turning into quite a badass char, so I have high hopes for her to play the MC role very well. Now the question is can they make another great antagonist like Makishima? Or it will be Kougami himself? It's really hard to say... I just hope they won't screw up.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Ovyda Ah you meant the section, I meant the news as a whole since I basically only use the section on MAL for seeing anime news. Well who cares about the specifics, I'm grateful for this thread and news.

Yeah Akane did turn into a major badass nearing the end, but that was also thanks to their justice system being so screwed and having to hunt a colleague after the death of her friend as well. So I am by no means worried for Akane but curious as to who will be making her look so badass, well probably the new recruit that was shown in the end of season 1. Makishima was one of a kind, I don't think they will replicate him as such, I think using Kougami as an antagonist for part of the series is pretty likely but we will have to wait patiently or rather impatiently for this.

I just hope it airs soon enough, well it probably wont be coming out anytime soon since it is on noitaminA and from recent news I think their timeslot is relatively full with Gin no Saji, and the 2 new ones announced recently being Galilei Donna and Samurai Flamenco, set to air this season, next season and even the one after that [2 two cour shows does that to programming]

5. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I believe it won't come out until Spring 2014 as the earliest... but you never know :)

That new guy seemed kinda nervous and wimpy. However, we saw the development of Akane, so I expect he will become better too.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @ovyda No Spring of 2014 is too long to wait, although if it guarantees that it will be good I can get on board with the whole waiting game.

A great thing was Akane's development, if they manage to do it once more with this wimpy character they certainly know what they are doing when it comes to this genre. Interesting thought what if Akane loses the systems help since well she did let Makishima die essentially, somehow this could come back and ruin her much like how the work became too much for the last inspector

7. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight well I am waiting for KnB a whole year already, so I am sure I can manage this one too as long as it airs. Better wait than nothing at all.

I have seen some interesting theories like eventually Akane breaks down and joins up with Kougami on the run. The whole inspection group and that new "wimpy" guy will become better and better just like Akane did in the 1st season, to capture them both.

Another popular theory (which I don't like it) is that Akane eventually captures Kougami and imprisons/kills him. However, that breaks her down and thus we get 3rd season when Akane is on the run. Kinda like making previous season protagonists into antagonist. I hope this won't happen.

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @ovyda, I see yeah but psycho pass was that good it is better to have the new content as soon as possible to minimise the amount of content forgotten from the first season. As of now I'm fine but who knows I may need to rewatch it next year.

I kind of like both of those theories even if the 2nd one is negative, it allows for more room to play with ideas of what could com.

so about the first, breaking down and joining Kougami could be interesting unless they make them form too much of a relationship during these events. But my problem is with the rest will get better, I find it hard to believe as that black haired girl did almost nothing and is too boring in my opinion. I can't see her getting any better since she has already broken down and even Akane had more interesting characteristics in the beginning than her.

This is rather intriguing, 2 essentially similar situations yet are very different with the possible outcomes. If she does kill Kougami that is the one I wouldn't like, that I think is too much. However imprisoning him allows some room to play around with, maybe he escapes and meets up with her later, perhaps he wants a different sort of revenge later on.
    Plenty of leeway with all of these scenarios.

9. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight well I guess it depends on a person. I can simply rewatch final episode and I remember everything :p

Osht.. why did I think it was a guy? I went to check last episode and it's actually a girl. Must have been strange when I said "wimpy" guy... Anyway, I watched at that girl closer this time and I can say that she looks rather optimistic and more cheerful than Akane did in the 1st ep. Thus, I believe she might be perfect for this anime in development matter. However, I highly doubt that Akane might break down... she already went through so much. What else can happen?

2nd theory why I don't like is that it would make the anime kinda repetitive and predictable. If they keep making seasons, then Psycho-Pass would lose it's impact and recognition as one the best anime's. The 1st season was really perfect... so I am afraid this might go down and you know how it is "Failures are what people remember more". This way P-P wouldn't be called one of the best anymore :|

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, nobody checks this section after all.

Spoiler:

I think Akane is turning into quite a badass char, so I have high hopes for her to play the MC role very well. Now the question is can they make another great antagonist like Makishima? Or it will be Kougami himself? It’s really hard to say… I just hope they won’t screw up.

Plenty of people check this section :p

And yes, very good news.

11. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic have you finished it? ;o

12. Marhuto Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    This is great news, I can't wait!

13. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    [Update]

The official website for Noitamina announced on Friday that in addition to the second season of the Psycho-Pass anime, a brand-new film for Production I.G's anime is also green-lit. A trailer was screened for the film at Friday's Psycho-Pass screening event in Tokyo.

Production I.G President & CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa acknowledged in his Anime Expo panel in July that a second season of the Psycho-Pass anime is in the works. He also hinted that an “important announcement” would be made at the screening event of all 22 episodes of the anime.

The psychological action anime debuted in Japan last October. Funimation streamed the first season as it aired in Japan, and confirmed in March that it will release the season on Blu-ray Disc and DVD next spring.

14. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight just in case you didn't see yet.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Yeah I saw the update but wasn't online to really respond at the time then I just kind of forgot to respond, thanks @ovyda as this was the first place that I saw the announcement. This is awesome news, as if a 2nd season wasn't enough a movie too I'm not sure if I am able to portray exactly how good I find this news to be. y only concern is if the movie is a recap movie as they are beginning to prove popular as more are being released now than previously. Still I will watch this movie as soon as it is available regardless of it being a recap should it come to that, I kind of need to jumpstart my memory anyway about every event that took place as I remember the main points but maybe not some crucial smaller stuff. More Kougami and Akane is definitely a good thing.

16. M-theoria Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very excited, I only just started watching the series and I'm liking it quite alot so it's good to know that the franchise won't be running out of content anytime soon.