Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Princess Tutu

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    In a fairy tale come to life, the clumsy, sweet, and gentle Ahiru (Japanese for "duck") seems like an unlikely protagonist. In reality, Ahiru is just as magical as the talking cats and crocodiles that inhabit her town—for Ahiru really is a duck! Transformed by the mysterious Drosselmeyer into a human girl, Ahiru soon learns the reason for her existence. Using her magical egg-shaped pendant, Ahiru can transform into Princess Tutu—a beautiful and talented ballet dancer whose dances relieve people of the turmoil in their hearts. With her newfound ability, Ahiru accepts the challenge of collecting the lost shards of her prince's heart, for long ago he had shattered it in order to seal an evil raven away for all eternity.

Princess Tutu is a tale of heroes and their struggle against fate. Their beliefs, their feelings, and ultimately their actions will determine whether this fairy tale can reach its "happily ever after."

What do you Justdubians think of Princess Tutu?​

2. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I've been meaning to watch this. A lot of people say it's very different compared to other magical girl anime shows like Nanoha, CCS, and Sailor Moon, but not different as in Madoka

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I feel guilty for dropping this one for reasons I don't even remember. It was sort of on the cute side but not bad at all

4. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Epic and filled with plot twists. I'm almost done rewatching the whole anime. The second arc is mostly where the series stops being typical shoujo so you do need to stick with it for a while.

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    There's one word that describes the series later on: Sad, not saying anything to spoil anyone

6. Kirbyfan66 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Princess Tutu is really, really good. The first half is a little silly, but it has its darker moments. Same goes for the second half, although it gets a lot more intense and the drama is a lot more compelling. The second half also has Femio, which is always a plus.

All around fantastic.