Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Princess Mononoke

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, May 19, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Movie 15 for The Midnight Channel. Like on the other forum we make our movie threads in the public section because they have never been limited to just club discussion. This helps generate more activity on the actual forum by giving people who watched the movies separate from the club a chance to discuss together.

A calm village residing in the mountains comes under attack from a demon-possessed boar one day.

Ashitaka, a young man and prince of the tribe, engages the creature in an attempt to save his village. During the battle, the boar bites him on the arm, leaving it blackened and cursed. Following his village's traditions, Ashitaka is exiled and becomes a wanderer, looking for a solution to the curse before it engulfs him.

Iron Town is a fortress under the leadership of Lady Eboshi. Through the clearing of the surrounding forests, Iron Town produces large amounts of Ironsand, used for gunpowder and other machinery. However, because of the forests destruction, nearby animal clans seek revenge led by a human girl of the Wolf clan called San.

When Ashitaka comes to Iron Town, he discovers the area consumed in battle. Horrified, he attempts to create peace and befriend the Wolf Clan. However, after the forest's eradication and the ongoing war between Human and Beast, will the Spirit of the Forest be forgiving and accept Ashitaka's request to expel his curse?

2. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I enjoyed this one. It was a good movie and the chat was fun as usual. I ended up giving it an 8/10.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The chat is always the best part of these movies :D

4. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I quite liked this film. It was different from all the other Studio Ghbili films I have seen. This film had more action and an interesting plot. It's rather long. But, worth the watch I say!

5. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I watched and own it.... The animal spirits were vry kewl and huge... I agreed with 8/10.... I enjoy Studio Ghibli... I think the tree spirits are cute and they make silly sounds.... It was action along with fantasy.... It was definitely different.... ^_^

6. Sakura01miku Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with everyone, though have to say 9/10 for me because I just love studio Ghibli movies, even with there sometimes unknown, want more endings. This movie had great features, as all ways and an interesting view on the spirit world in the past. When I first saw this, and heads flied, the first flying head gave me a little shock. Though it gave me a better perspective on the story... Shuting up now;)

Attached Files:

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Loved this movie. I'm actually wearing a Princess Mononoke shirt, as I type this. =P I would give it a 9/10. I actually reviewed this back on DTR, but it got lost in the transfer. I need to learn to save these things to my HDD..