Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Resolved Playback Aborted Error

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by dudeguy, Aug 8, 2019.

1. dudeguy Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im consistently getting an error saying playback aborted due to corruption or the media used features the browser did not support. I use Microsoft edge and IE and both give me the same thing. sometimes if I refresh the page it works. other times itll work than minutes later I get the error again.

2. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    If you look at the top where the banners are on the site, it explains that its an error everyone is getting and that we are looking into it. Its just taking time to figure out what is causing the issue. You just pretty much gotta keep refreshing until the error goes away. We are hoping to have this fixed soon, but our staff have been looking into it

3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think they're talking about the media player itself, not the episode listings. The media player itself isn't something we can fix as we don't have access or control over it. The only recommendation we can really make is that they try a non-Microsoft browser to see if it's specific to IE and Edge or if it's entirely on the media player the media host uses. Firefox-based and Chromium-based browsers have been pretty reliable for compatibility with nearly every single website and media provider available. Very few sites require IE/Edge to be used, mostly corporations/utility sites like OmniTracs (Over The Road dispatching utility/service) that still use outdated functions specific to IE.

If the problem still occurs in another browser, you've eliminated a cache problem and compatibility problem with specific browsers. If you've reached this point after using a different browser, you will need to report the anime series and the episode it occurs in the Report Broken Anime section so a content manager can take a look, track down a new source and replace it or add a new source.

4. dudeguy Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, thanks ill try another browser.

thank you very much for your help

using firefox seems to be the fix for me. also seems to load faster,

#4 dudeguy, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1