Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Araragi, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Araragi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What are your biggest pet peeves? Mine would be when people leave things on like the lights or the TV

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    My pet peeve is people who text type.
    "When ur not busy, plz call ur ppl."

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  4. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    When people don't use the right homophone.
    I mean there, their, and they're. Get it right, your in university!!

5. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I have quite a few but the one I see the and hear the most is when people put -san -sama and other crap at the ends of they're names. Or if they say Baka over and over and over again. Yes! I know what it means! Stop saying it! Other ones include Backseat gamers. You know the ones who keep telling you how to play the freaking game your playing and every time you do something they dn't want you to do they won't shut up about it?

6. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Thankfully, I'm the only one out of my friends who weaves Japanese words into my speaking, and even then, it's only nyaning.
    at the ends of they’re names

Did you do this on purpose? XD

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    When people don’t use the right homophone.
    I mean there, their, and they’re. Get it right, your in university!!

*You're :p

Most of my pet peeves involve traffic or people being discourteous.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I have quite a few but the one I see the and hear the most is when people put -san -sama at the end of their name

Haha, forced honorifics. Giving yourself a honorific really defeats the purpose of them since they're supposed to vary on the person who is addressing you, not by how you address yourself.

9. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Thankfully, I’m the only one out of my friends who weaves Japanese words into my speaking, and even then, it’s only nyaning.

Heizengard wrote:
    at the ends of they’re names

Did you do this on purpose? XD

Ah I see you noticed XD

10. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Mafiacow wrote:
    When people don’t use the right homophone.
    I mean there, their, and they’re. Get it right, your in university!!*You’re [​IMG]
    You're paying attention at least. ;) (Did it on purpose)

11. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My biggest pet peeve would be people stopping me mid-sentence to correct my grammar, at the very lest wait till i'm done speaking!

12. Araragi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My biggest pet peeve would be people stopping me mid-sentence to correct my grammar, at the very lest wait till i’m done speaking!

"I'm" should be capitalized... I waited till you were done posting at least ;)

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    ThatRandomGinger wrote:
    My biggest pet peeve would be people stopping me mid-sentence to correct my grammar, at the very lest wait till i’m done speaking!

“I’m” should be capitalized… I waited till you were done posting at least [​IMG]

And shouldn't the comma be a semi-colon, and the "till" be " 'til "? ;)

14. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Mao wrote:

ThatRandomGinger wrote:
    “I’m” should be capitalized… I waited till you were done posting at least [​IMG]
    And shouldn’t the comma be a semi-colon, and the “till” be ” ’til “? [​IMG]

Yes it should be, but you had gotten what I meant even with it being wrong. Also I do realize you both did this just to mess with me.

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Mafiacow wrote:

Mao wrote:

ThatRandomGinger wrote:

And shouldn’t the comma be a semi-colon, and the “till” be ” ’til “? [​IMG]

Yes it should be, but you had gotten what I meant even with it being wrong. Also I do realize you both did this just to mess with me.

I'mma just retype that as I see grammatically correct. And I'm not sure how it actually is, but neither me nor my family consider "gotten" to be a real word. I mean, "got" is already past-tense, so "gotten" is unneeded double-past-tense, and that "had" makes it triple. Idk though.

Ahem. "Yes, it should be. But you got what I meant, even with it being wrong. Also, I do realise that you both did this just to mess with me."

Okay, okay, I've had my fun. I'll stop now. XD
    Also, I am aware that I didn't need to "correct" your spelling of realise, but I just don't like spelling things the American way. ;)

16. Araragi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ThatRandomGinger wrote:
    Mafiacow wrote:
    Mao wrote:
    ThatRandomGinger wrote:
    My biggest pet peeve would be people stopping me mid-sentence to correct my grammar, at the very lest wait till i’m done speaking!“I’m” should be capitalized… I waited till you were done posting at least [​IMG]And shouldn’t the comma be a semi-colon, and the “till” be ” ’til “? [​IMG]Yes it should be, but you had gotten what I meant even with it being wrong. Also I do realize you both did this just to mess with me.I’mma just retype that as I see grammatically correct. And I’m not sure how it actually is, but neither me nor my family consider “gotten” to be a real word. I mean, “got” is already past-tense, so “gotten” is unneeded double-past-tense, and that “had” makes it triple. Idk though.Ahem. “Yes, it should be. But you got what I meant, even with it being wrong. Also, I do realise that you both did this just to mess with me.”Okay, okay, I’ve had my fun. I’ll stop now. XD
    Also, I am aware that I didn’t need to “correct” your spelling of realise, but I just don’t like spelling things the American way. [​IMG]
    We're all bullies aren't we X)

17. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Mafiacow wrote:
    ThatRandomGinger wrote:
    Mafiacow wrote:
    Mao wrote:
    ThatRandomGinger wrote:
    My biggest pet peeve would be people stopping me mid-sentence to correct my grammar, at the very lest wait till i’m done speaking!“I’m” should be capitalized… I waited till you were done posting at least [​IMG]And shouldn’t the comma be a semi-colon, and the “till” be ” ’til “? [​IMG]Yes it should be, but you had gotten what I meant even with it being wrong. Also I do realize you both did this just to mess with me.I’mma just retype that as I see grammatically correct. And I’m not sure how it actually is, but neither me nor my family consider “gotten” to be a real word. I mean, “got” is already past-tense, so “gotten” is unneeded double-past-tense, and that “had” makes it triple. Idk though.Ahem. “Yes, it should be. But you got what I meant, even with it being wrong. Also, I do realise that you both did this just to mess with me.”Okay, okay, I’ve had my fun. I’ll stop now. XD
    Also, I am aware that I didn’t need to “correct” your spelling of realise, but I just don’t like spelling things the American way. [​IMG]We’re all bullies aren’t we X)
    Quote wall... A little pet peeve of mine. Another is when people are egotistical. In any form, it irks me.

18. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    so after reading the posts here, i realized i might have annoyed mafiacow from time to time. xD
    the i know the differences of theyre, their, and when to use them but sometimes my scumbag brain messes things.

is when someone wakes me up for a not so important errand.

19. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    If I was a grammar Nazi I would go ballistic on this thread so far :).

What bugs me the most is when people say something is "cliche". Yes I get it, you have seen so much of whatever topic your on about that of course you're going to say it's cliche.

It's the perceived negative meaning of the word that bothers me about it.

20. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    1)Loud TV. I hate walking into a room and the TV is really loud, I don't allow my TV to go past ten (max 100) in my house. I like to be able to walk into a room and hear myself think, Or if I'm on the phone I like to be able to hear them and not say "hold on a second while I turn down my TV"

2) another people chewing loudly
    I hate being on call or talking to someone and they sound like a pig. At least have the decency to move your mic away from your mouth or mute it, I really don't need to hear you inhaling, exhaling, and chomping your food. Just ...**Shudders**
    Also it doesn't take much to chew with your mouth closed. I really don'd need to see you chewing up your food. Keep is behind closed mouths.

3) People who drive in the middle of the damn road
    Like seriously they make 2 lanes for a reason, you don't need to take up both lanes, your vehicle isn't THAT big. If you cant drive in your own lane then you shouldn't be driving at all

4)slow people on the highway that drive in the fast lane
    They call it a fast lane for a reason, you want to drive slow ? then get the hell out of the fast lane or people will ride your A**. Me being one of them. If I want to get somewhere I'm usually on a time limit and I don't have time following someone who wants to go 20 miles under the speed limit in the fast lane of all places. And yes I do have slight road rage but only when stupid people are out driving lol

5) Having to repeat myself more then once. Saying it a second time is fine but if I have to repeat myself for a third or fourth don't expect it. I guess this is mainly because of being in a relationship where I constantly had to repeat myself 6-7 times before I was actually heard when the person was literally sitting next to me. The issue was he would phase me out mid sentence, then asked me what I said, only to phase me out again cause either playing a game, being on the computer or watching tv was more important. So yeah having to repeat myself multiple times to be heard gets annoying. If you don't hear me the 2nd time i said it then its not important enough for you

i have so many more I can list lol