Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Parent problems

Discussion in 'Tech Temple' started by NeekoWolfie, Aug 5, 2016.

1. NeekoWolfie Floofy Wolfie/CM

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know how it feels to have your parents with hold a perfectly good PC from you and you are stuck with a dinosaur that can't even play Minecraft? And the fact that everyone else in your family has perfectly good PCs? God this sucks I need help

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I used to know how this felt entirely. Now so to better understand your problem I've got a couple questions to throw your way. Does your family perceive you as trust worthy? Are they just plan stingy and withhold their PC to themselves? What purpose will you be using a PC for? Are you looking to buy your own PC, and if so what kind of budget do you have in mind? Will you be building it yourself or have someone capable of building it for you provided you acquire the parts?

If the first two questions are to personal don't bother answering them. That first question pertains to my own experience due to not being the most trust worthy person back in my youth. ​

3. NeekoWolfie Floofy Wolfie/CM

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Ok first they dont find me trust worthy from past actions but that was YEARS AGO (I got busted watching shrek is love shrek is life XD) second it is a laptop and yes i am working on getting a desktop gaming pc one day, the laptop is for gaming, movie, anime, school and church work (yes Im a Christian and i help my local church with the services on wedsday nights) third, the pc is not for them its for me they said so themself, forth, I have a friend who build the laptop for me and he said he would help me build a desktop if needed

4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Alright from the sounds of it it's not a trust issue. Now I'm sorry and I may be mistaken your message, but it sounds as though you have two PC's. One your friend built for you and another your parents got you. Now the issue seems to be one is a relic and your family has commandeered the better of the two for themselves after saying one of these is not for them but for you personally. If this is the case then maybe try having a rational talk with them saying you have plans to build your own if you haven't already. Tell them you would be o'k giving them the PC you currently have, but to help fund towards building this new PC. If your family is having no issues with the PC then it clearly works for them. This would grant them a PC of their own to do with as they please.

Now the problem is getting you one that's truly your own. Make commitments and try to negotiate something with them. Their your parents and they should listen to your request. Just try to be respectful towards them and their wishes even if you do disagree. If this doesn't work is a part time job within your reach? If you have one already that should only further prove your committed to this goal. It'll show them your serious and they'll likely see it as a positive. Overall just sit down and have a rational talk. If communications aren't being established little progress will be made. Hope the advice helps @Partyninja