Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Paid Protestors

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Core, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Came across this while looking for a job on Craigslist.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/npo/5617414840.html
    Maybe this is just a scam, but let's act like it isn't.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...igslist-ad-and-getting-paid-to-protest-trump/

I do jobs and tasks for mercenary reasons, but this... is beneath me.
    To be paid to protest something, anything.
    I will only protest for something that I want to protest, and having people know that I am protesting for the money takes away from the value of the protest. To protest for something just for the money could push something to happen that I do not want done anyway.

So what do you think of paid protests?

2. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I think it is complete shit and would never do it, especially if it was implied that I was deserting my moral and religious beliefs.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    id say they are an opportunistic capitalists if they really protest what they really want to protest. its not bad to be paid what you are fighting against since you spent time and effort.

opportunistic capitalist scum for those who do it for the money.

4. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

It would depend on the protest, as long as the protest is not about impeding somebodies rights I dont see why not? Also depends on how much they are willing to pay me.....

If its something I really didn't care about and they were willing to pay me 100$ an hour to just stand there then sure why the hell not?
    Got a make money to survive some how....

Now this would be circumstantial to me not being employed and needing money to support my family or myself... Sometimes in the work force you got to do things that you hate to survive......

I would not feel bad one bit if PETA were to hire me to protest against fur is murder even do I dont really care one way or the other....

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I guess I can see sense in that, if I still had my pomeranian and I lived next door to a taxidermist/fur hunter.

6. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I don't believe that I could do or support anything that goes against my moral and religious beliefs, even if it means surviving

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I don't know if they actually got paid, but people have admitted to answering the "paid protesters" ads on CraigsList. This is why I think most of these "riots" are started by these protesters, thinking they'll get bonus pay if they make Trump look like he's inciting riots (like the liberal twats of the Mainstream Media would brainwash people to believe). Also it's one more reason people are siding with Trump. These "paid protesters" don't even believe in what they protest, they just want to be paid and they don't care if they're violent and changing protests into riots. Nobody takes the anti-Trump protesters seriously anymore because they're infected with lying scumbags and illegal immigrants.

I think paid protesting should be illegal. It's just another form of bribery, which is what has taken control of our political system. If we make all forms of bribery illegal, maybe we'll actually get stuff done on what the constituents want and not what the lobbyist and their masters want.

8. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Hmmm I've been writing and erasing for about 15 minutes now I am trying to figure out a nice way to respond to this......

Here goes if I offend you not my intentions!

your telling me if you had to go protest with PETA about fur is murder and get paid or leave your child to starve because you dont believe in the cause you would not do it?

That was the point I was trying to make anyways.... I know I would do whatever it takes jobs wise to provide for my family... because my beliefs/morale comes after my responsibility toward them.

Anyways I will stop with that! if I came off strong it was not my intention's.....

9. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    No, I understand, I should have rephrased what I posted!!

What I mean't was, if I was asked to support something that I knew was morally wrong and sinful, even for money or at the cost of my life or comfort on this earth, I would not do it!! Now as far as family, and don't take this the wrong way, but no earthly thing, whether persons or things, is more important than mine and my family's eternal salvation. If my mother or father were leading me, even the subtlest amount away from God, I would have to separate myself from them, in charity but firmly. And I would do anything I could to support my family, but I would not capitulate.

And when I mean immoral to me, I mean abortion, euthanasia, and other life issues!!!
    AND I AM NOT A RELIGIOUS FANATIC, I AM A DEVOUT CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN AND EVERY PERSON WHO CALLS THEMSELF A CHRISTIAN SHOULD BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!

And you can hate me, revile me, take me out of the forums, or anything else you see fit, but I will stand strong in my convictions!!!

10. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Haha there is no need for that... I believe to each their own, we may disagree on certain things but that is the beauty of life you do your thing and I will do mine although I may disagree with what you say its not my place to tell you you are wrong or right and vice versa. having different views is not necessarily a bad thing its how we improve ourselves :) I do not hate you for having your own beliefs I commend you for sticking with them....

but...

I am a strong believer that if god existed or did not exist the only thing that matters is how I threat and respect others and what I am willing to do to supply a happy life for my family as long as what I do does not cause somebody else's misery then why wouldn't i do it?
    All that really matters in the end is that I am trying to be a decent human being for my family and also a great person for others as well and god or not does not really matter in the end :) all the matters is my action towards my fellow human's you included!:)

11. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for even reading my post!! Most people on the internet dismiss my beliefs as religious brainwashing and I truly would like better for people to for me or against me rather than indifferent to me!!

12. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

No sweat man,,, as long as you dont try to convert me we should be cool :) lol like I said i am pretty excepting guy as long as what your trying to accomplish will help others I dont care what is said :)

13. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    No, I would never try to force my beliefs on anyone!!!! That in itself is immoral!!

14. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

What if you were paid 1000$ to do it to feed your starving children??? lol just kiding! lol

15. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Ha Ha, very funny!!

16. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I understand that one must do what they can to survive. This can be said by a beggar, and this can be said by a billionaire. Now which one would be more justified in a paid protest?
    If it is not a matter of survival, one should stay away from the paid protesting job. It is more justifiable, anyway.

17. Phri3d Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    reminds me of a dead kennedys song ....