Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

P.a. Works Reveals Sirius The Jaeger Original Tv Anime Project

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Teknoman X, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Sword of the Stranger's Masahiro Ando directs series premiering in July
    P.A. Works opened a website on Thursday to announce a new original television anime project titled Sirius the Jaeger. The series will premiere in July.

The official English website for the series describes the story:

Imperial Capital, 1930.
    A strange group of people carrying musical instrument cases landed on Tokyo station.
    They are called the “Jaegers”, who came to hunt vampires.
    Amongst them, there stood a young man with striking serenity and unusual aura.
    His name is Yuliy, a werewolf whose home village was destroyed by vampires.
    Yuliy and the Jaegers engage in deadly battle over a mysterious holy arc only known as “The Arc of Sirius”.
    What truth awaits them at the end…?
    With eternal affinity and spiral of conspiracy entwine, the highly anticipated action-thriller anime begins!
    [​IMG]

The anime will star Yūto Uemura as Yuliy. Other cast members include Takahiro Sakurai, Kenyuu Horiuchi, Nanako Mori, Yūsuke Kobayashi, Shunsuke Takeuchi, Rie Takahashi, Junji Majima, Takehito Koyasu, and Kenjiro Tsuda.

Project SIRIUS is credited with the original work. Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, Snow White with the Red Hair, Under the Dog) is directing the series at P.A. Works. Kinu Nishimura is the original character designer. Mai Matsuura (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma) and Souichirou Sako (Magi: Adventure of Sinbad) are the animation character designers and chief animation directors. Keigo Koyanagi (Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars, The Rising of The Shield Hero) is handling the series composition. Masaru Yokoyama (Your Lie in April, Love and Lies, Fate/Apocrypha) is composing the music, and Infinite is producing the series.

Other staff members include:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh my god. PA on the scene with another original series, that is dark? That is unusual for them. Their darkest original series was Kuromukuro which wasn't exactly too dark, or good really if we are being honest.
    This show better be good because right now I feel like I'm expecting the world from it. @Noobs @BK-201 we have yet another PA show to satisfy us. Action for Noobs and I'm honestly not sure what's in it for you BK. But one thing is for sure, the background art should be amazing.
    Plus it has Sword of the Stranger's Director in charge. We all remember how well good that movie was.

@Kaede more vampires for you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    This actually looks like it would be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Dylanar I was wondering why you were surprised, but after looking through your list I see that you haven't watched too many PA Works series. Interesting. They are somewhat hit or miss depending on individual taste considering your score for Angel Beats. And never bring up Glasslip is a general rule..... So much wasted potential in that show.

They haven't done too many serious shows before so we'll have to wait and see how they go with an original serious show.

#4 Supernatural-Knight, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  5. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I usually look at the summary for the show first to find out its setting then "IF" the summary does intrigue me, I proceed to test out the first couple of episodes for said anime, and go from there. I don't really go by studios.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Dylanar yeah that is a wise choice. Studios change what people are involved, themes of anime and everything else really. The only thing that makes it fun is seeing what shows can get grouped together because of the studio.
    In this case PA usually focusses on slice of life school stories when it is original content. Not everything in that category is good though....
    But they have also done the horror series Another, the action series Canaan and the upcoming who knows what to expect Uma Musume which is idol horse girls so.... All of which were adaptations, to some degree.

7. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I can agree that some things are good while others are not. It really depends on if it they do it right.
    I have actually yet to watch Another nor Canaan.

8. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    HEY! I like action too. My username is from an action series. I enjoy good, high paced, octane filled anime and movies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    honestly, im having doubts on this because im more used to their slice of life or people at work kind of anime. angel beats is from p.a? not thats interesting. i thought they are kyoani all this time. havent finished glass slip yet so their reputation is high still for me.