Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice Our Reviews Section is Back (sort of)

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    For the time being we have made a forum section for any reviews so we don't fall behind on that aspect of the site. Once the anime page themes are fixed come this September we will begin working on a review section of the site which will be hosted through Drupal.

I moved over the few threads we had from JDR so the section is not bare. Unfortunately, the reviews on DTR were saved in a wpcr respond area and I guess weren't present in any of the bbpress or Wordpress backups we made. What that means is a good deal of the reviews were lost. Also, the wayback machine bots weren't allowed to crawl DTR much (I'm assuming since there's very few indexed backups for it) so there's very few reviews I can actually secure through them. We will soon be going over any backups of JR and DTR backups in an attempt to migrate some more reviews over. If you have any saved reviews that were published on DTR feel free to resubmit them in the reviews section.

@Shogun13 will be accepting reviews for any English dubbed anime. He will be posting a thread with a detailed list of instructions on formatting your reviews.

To submit your review simply follow the instructions in the how2 thread stickied in the Reviews forum section. Threads created in the reviews section will be placed on moderator approval and reviewed by the reviews staff before they are published for public view. So remember: If you create your review thread and you do not see it in the section after clicking submit, it is on a moderation queue pending approval. So please do not repost the thread as it will not get your review published sooner.

2. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Oh okay, I'm glad I saved mine as word documents. Deadshit Wondershit, Welcome to the NHK, and Cat Planet Cuties, have been the ones I've properly wrote.

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Now I wish I had saved mine. lol

4. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Technically we're mining dtr on the wayback machine but due to it not crawling well through the old site, we can't assure you that all of the reviews made it. If they did, we'll put them up. We'll do this gradually so we don't dump 100 reviews on the forum at the same time and drive ourselves insane. Currently we're on B.

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Ahaha, so does this mean my Paranoia Agent review that I sold to DTR is gone? I didn't make a backup version of it, so I can't recall how the original reads.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm not seeing it in the wayback machines archives. For future reference, stuff like this is important to save and make copies of. Not realizing where the reviews was saved and assuming they were included with every other part of the site backups is an error on my behalf. I apologize for any inconvenience this creates.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Update about the reviews section. I added a plugin that only places new threads to moderator approval instead of every subsequent post that follows in an approved thread. If you were getting your comments placed into the moderation queue you shouldn't be faced with this issue any longer.