Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

One Shot Week voting Revamp

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Metazoxan, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I mentioned this in the Breaker thread but I've given this some thought and I think it's time for a serious game change. The manga of the Month event discussions just can't stay active especially once school gets me busy. If I'm unable to keep up for even a week or two the event seems to grind to a hault and even when I have time it's hard to get it moving again. Plus even if I stick with it I seem to have just one or two people at best keeping with it at all.

I still want to try to keep this club going but I think we need new events and I'm looking for ideas.

First of all I'm thinking of making one shot week a regular thing instead of a between events thing. Since it's a small event it will be easy for people to get into and finish. I'm looking for any ideas for similarly small events.

The other ideas I'm looking for are any for long terms events without any sort of schedule to them. So even if they are long people and join and leave as they please. For example any manga based games we could play would be great.

Like this http://justdubsonline.net/forum/threads/post-a-page-from-a-manga-you-are-reading.5125/
    for example or this
    http://justdubsonline.net/forum/threads/the-what-should-i-read-next-thread.2759/

So here is the new One shot Week.

In the future we'll spend up to half a week nomating and the remaining of the week voting. Then the next week we'll read and discuss. But since this is a new thing I'll give nomations a full week and voting another week so that people have time to notice this and get in it. But after this we'll move things along faster.

BTW a one shot does not have to be only one chapter but it can't be more than about 8 to 10 or it's not really a one shot.

When nominating be sure to provide a link to the manga along with it's name. We'll start voting immediately when there are 5 nominations. So if you see 5 you are free to start voting or you can wait for an official start to the voting

@Blazer
    @Crazy Potato
    @Delta
    @Eclipse
    @Marhuto
    @Nonononoki
    @obdriver6
    @RodRule
    @ShadowLinks
    @shifter101
    @Stereoanlange

#1 Metazoxan, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh so the one shot idea I first proposed is making a return, interesting. I might just join in a few of these then. As long as they are short enough for me. I still lose interest in manga after reading 2 chapters in a row.
    I'm not sure if I've come across any one shots that have interested me enough to check out recently so I don't have a nomination at this point in time.

3. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well its not just you, its also the (few) current members of the club that are no active (including me). I always try to be as active as possible in the "monthly" manga series that are chosen but I rarely see anybody else participate. I'm not saying that I'm the only one but as far as weekly updates, I've always tried to make it on time. The only time that most of the members are active is when you tag them for noms and at the beginning of the discussion. All am saying is that there aren't enough members with enough time or that stay interested long enough to keep a thread going without you needing to tagging them. Although, a couple of months ago I did notice some threads being revived about manga that was started last year which made me think that they take their time to read, that they don't have the time to read or time to post. Either way I'll always try to do my best to be as active as possible. As far as new ideas, I don't have any and I'm sorry I can't help in that department

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Okay still no nominations..... I can either extend it by a week or pick something myself.

If I just picked something how many would join in?

5. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I would join in if you just picked something @Metazoxan Just been a bit busy to find something to nominate.

6. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    You know I'll always try to join and I'm not picky when it comes to new manga

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Come to think of it finals are getting close... Okay then how about this.

Sunday I'll start up a voting thread. The voting thread will include any nominees + however many I need to personally add to make it 5. Each voter will give 2 points to their first choice and 1 point to their second. We'll keep the voting going until finals are over for everyone meaning about 2 weeks.

That way we aren't trying to do an event during finals week but we have everything ready for when finals are over.

8. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like it would probably work out better. So it sounds good to me.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    As long as it is either a one shot or a short [total page length] 10 chapter series I am up for reading anything. In fact if you want to skip the voting and just choose one yourself @Metazoxan I'd be fine with that as well.