Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

One Shot discussion: Aoharu x Kikanjuu

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Metazoxan, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sorry got busy and let it slip

[​IMG]
    Matsuoka and Yukki were close friends who dreamed of becoming professional soccer players together. But their hopes were dashed when Yukki moved away due to family issues.

Years pass and Matsuoka is now a host while Yukki has become a hentai mangaka. Matsuoka meets Yukki again while the latter is fleeing from his editor, and is soon introduced to his childhood friend’s latest obsession…​

From what I understand there is a series that comes after the one Shot with an anime on the way but it's very different with one of the characters only meeting the MC for the first time and actually being a girl. At least I think that's right. As for this it was an amusing one shot like how casually they were talking during all that.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The One Shot I think was the Prototype, it got popular so the mangaka decided to make it into an actual series. But I thought it wasn't very good, gun games leave a bad taste in my mouth.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    yeah the gun fight itself wasn't anything special. But the way they are just "BTW what do you think of this" in the middle of it was amusing.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I actually forgot about this activity despite the fact that this was my nominee. Well for now I'll leave this as my reminder.
    I'll get to it tomorrow night I think, I don't feel like reading anything right now.

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Meh, it was quite shit, won't be picking up the official series.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    For what it's worth I actually liked that one shot for some reason. The focus on who they wanted to become vs who they were is something that everyone eventually looks back upon and thinks about.
    The survival game aspect couldn't be used in much detail because obviously time constraints so the dramatic life story kind of stole the focus instead. Regardless I found it enjoyable so now I am kind of interested in watching the adaptation.
    Although reading the differences between this one shot and the official series it sounds like several key details were changed. Due to the difference I'm not sure if I'll like the story when it involves younger protagonists since the reflecting aspect is something I liked.
    No better time for a conversation than when you are risking your life in a survival game right?

Oh and the real reason Maddy disliked it, there were no cute girls as MC.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    maybe the author wanted to create a longer running series and felt that two guys already grown and developed mostly and reflecting on the past wouldn't make for a good long running story. Or maybe the editor forced the changes saying "These will appeal to readers better" because if I understand it right editors and publishers have arguably too much authority on what Mangaka right. If he's good and his work is popular they seem to mostly let him do what he or she wants but for fresher writers or for writers wanting to do something different from what they are known for they can get shot down and forced to change. So in cases like this where the series is so different from the one shot it's hard to tell if it was the Mangaka's call or his editor/publisher.
    Well I think the series changed one of the main characters to a girl.

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    For a long running series I can see the original plot line running out of ideas fast but even then I still think the strength of this one shot was through the use of reflecting upon what they had done. Moving them back into high school removes some of years/experiences that they would have had. Protagonists are always young as well and it starts to bother me after a while, even just moving them into college age is enough of a change sometimes to offer a whole different perspective.
    Honestly out of those options I'm not sure which I'd prefer to be true, if the author themselves changed the concept that means they'd have more ideas but that also means they ruined what I liked about it. However if the editor forced them that means less ideas for them but at least the creator didn't screw with the setting. Who knows, but one thing is for sure and that is I'm definitely curious enough noe to check out the adaptation when it airs.

It does sound like that, but I didn't find anything to say whether of not that is accurate. I may have a more detailed search for info later.

9. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I think they kept them both, they just changed the MC to a cross-dressing girl, cause in the anime Mikako Komatsu is playing her.

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You know @Sir-Maddy they might not be a cross dressing girl even, after checking her roles I see the girly guy form Yahari there so what if they used that approach here as well?
    It seems that either way the full series will be quite different though.

11. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
  12. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I knew I had something to read. I'll try to read it ASAP