Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Okinawan Citrus Kit-Kat?

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Nejat, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Special Shikuwasa flavor now on sale to meet summer snacking needs.

If you’ve never tasted shikuwasa, you’re missing out on one of the most refreshing flavors in Japanese cuisine. The citrus fruit (the scientific name for which is citrus depressa) is primarily cultivated in Okinawa, and is used as a seasoning, juice base, and cocktail mixer, providing a tart accent to food and beverages.

In the indigenous Okinawan language, shikuwasa literally means “eat the sourness,” but now, you can eat shikuwasa sourness in Kit Kat form. In its latest combination of the chocolate wafer candy and regional Japanese influences, Nestle Japan has unveiled the Special Shikuwasa Kit Kat.

While shikuwasa is undeniably sour, it isn’t so acidic as to be harsh or biting, and actually has an element of sweetness as well. As such, the Special Shikuwasa Kit Kats, made with Okinawan shikuwasa extract, should be an attractive blend of sour, sweet, and bitter chocolate flavors, making them an excellent snack choice during their limited-time summer availability.

The Special Shikuwasa Kit Kats are priced at 432 yen (US$3.90) for a pack of four.

[​IMG]

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I'm tempted as Iv'e tried some of Nestel Japan's flavored Kitkat's. Flavors I have tried range from Pumpkin Pudding, Shinshu Apple (wasn't a fan of this one), Purple Sweet Potato (Really really sweet and lasting after taste), Strawberry Cheesecake (honestly liked this more than the real thing), Matcha Green Tea (very light detection of Tea flavor), Rum Raisen, Golden Citrus (my least favorite), and Sake which has been my favorite thus far.

Keeping in mind this is a Citrus I'm skeptical I'd even like it considering I disliked the Golden Citrus flavored Kitkat. Besides that I'm happy to see Nestel Japan is making more flavors. Just gives me something else to try.

3. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That's a pretty hefty list! Meanwhile I've tried... nothing other than the plain chocolate flavour ;(

4. Blastarolla Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Cheesecake was pretty delicious! Creme Brule is also another really nice one. Matcha I want to like but I can't really get into it :/

5. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Shikuwasa is related to a South East Asian citrus in Filipino called Calamansi, which I grew up eating and love!!! So I bet it will be very good!!!

6. Blastarolla Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Im guessing the shikuwasa is sort of citrus-y? I'd give it a go!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I just tried it and I liked it a lot!!!

• Like Like x 1