Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Oh, Japan: Hamuketsu

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by BK-201, Jul 13, 2014.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Japan's new craze for hamster butts

The Japanese obsession with all things cute has reached new heights, as a craze for pictures of hamsters' butts gains momentum.

[​IMG]

More than 40,000 copies of photo books of "hamuketsu" - a word that's a mash-up of the Japanese for hamster and butt - have already been sold, and one of the publishers has set up a Facebook page dedicated to furry hamster behinds. The page has thousands of fans and hundreds of photos have been uploaded so far.

"The great thing about hamuketsu is that it is delightfully cute," a spokesman for Basilico, one of the publishers, tells the Wall Street Journal. "I can't stop smiling when I see these butts." Another book on the topic is called Hamuketsu: So Cute You Could Faint.

The phenomenon is the latest development of an aspect of modern Japanese culture known as kawaii, meaning "cute" or "adorable". The aesthetic rivals Japanese art's traditional devotion to minimalism and nature, and is prevalent in everything from fashion to music.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-27515892

http://www.dubtopia.eu/oh-japan/hamuketsu

2. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    *sighs* Yet another reason for me wanting to be Japanese over being Mexican... I can go from liking *insert Latino culture-related things here* to worshiping a hamster god.