Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Oh, Japan: Babymetal

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Miss Elegent Serenity, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    So upon request, I had been asked to do an article on Baby Metal. Luckily, I just found some recent info about this cute little band that might spike some interest to you Baby Metal fans.
    [​IMG]

How many of you heard of this cute little singing group?

WELL...I manage to dig a little info about this cutesy little band. Try to maintain yourselves please"

*Starts bouncing on seat with excitement*

Baby metal is a Japanese vocal and dance group, consisting of three young Japanese girls.
    Suzuka Nakamoto as Sumetal
    Yuo Mizuno as Yuimetal
    and
    Moa Kikuchi as Moametal

The concept of the group is a fusion of metal and idol. The three teenage girls and their group are manages by Amuse talent agency.
    They released their debut album "of the same name" earlier this year, February 2014 to be exact.

The group was initially formed as a sub-unit of the female idol group Sakura Gakuin (which was a Japanese idol group formed in 2010 by the Amuse talent agency.) The group was aiming to realize a "fusion of metal and idol(music)".

Believe it or not none these three girls didn't even know what metal music was before the inception of the band. Suzuka once said in an interview on MTV 81
    "the first time we heard the idea for Babymetal, we were like "what the?!"

"It's interesting how a group of girls who didn't even know what metal was, are now known for their metal music. Way to go girls!"

"So would you like to know how the name 'Babymetal' was created?? Well, to answer that I did a little researching."

Kobametal, the bands producer state that the name came to him by revelation (divine message). It is a play on the words "heavy metal". "Baby" which indicates cuteness, (cause admit it those girls are adorable right??) "metal"- intensity.
    The producer likes interpreting it as "newborn metal". The group stated their brand of metal was a newborn genre that was what "baby" in Babymetal stood for.

"Well I think that sums up how the band came up with the name"

A little info on the girls that create this band
    Suzuka Nakamoto- known as Su-metal was born December 20,1997 which sets her at age 17 now.

Yui Mizuno- known as Yuimetal- was born June 20,1999 which sets her at age 15 now

Moa Kikuchi- known as Moametal was born July 4, 1999 which also sets her at age 15 now.

Suzuka is the clean vocalist of the trio, while Mao and Yui preform 'scream' vocals with additional clean vocals. The trio usually dress up in punk Lolita style outfits of red and black. Suzuka, the tallest of the three, is typically in the center, with the other two members positioned on either side of her. Moa and Yui make up a sub-group called "Black Babymetal". The dancing is choreographed by the trio's dance teacher Mikiko, who is renowned for her choreography with Perfume and owns her own dance company called "Eleven Play"

Instead of using the "sign of horns" like most metal groups use, the trio uses the hand gesture of the fox (more accurately to kitsune) to symbolize the band's divine inspiration. When they were asked about the divinity (the fox god) the girls replied with:

"We've never met the fox god, but because of his blessing, we were able to become Babymetal".

In their concert, Babymetal is assisted by a backup bank, which is either a pretend band called Babybone, dressed in black-and-whits skeleton outfits, who mime play instruments, Or a lived band called Full Metal Band (Also known as the "Gods of Metal" or "Kami Band") There is also a backup dance group called the Sisterbone that may often join them on stage.

"Now I think that wraps up the info on the band itself, don't you think??"

"Now I am excited to announce that Babymetal has now checked another box on their world conquest to-do list. Babymetal has played a headline show in the US. On July 27th,the group toured in LA"

Apparently tickets to the LA show were very hard to get, their tickets were selling out so fast that a lot of fans were finding it hard to even get a ticket to the LA show. Fortunately for those that weren't able to make it to the show, the internet provided for those in need. Two videos from the Fonda Theater show that weekend were captured and uploaded to YouTube.

"YAY YOUTUBE!!! Speaking of, here are a few Babymetal videos for your entertainment"

The videos from the Fonda Theater, were taken close to the staged, packed with the raw energy of a metal show and the joyful dancing pop show. Whether you're a headbanger or a teenybopper, you're guaranteed to have a great time.

-source:wiki, rocketnews24

So if any of you got a chance to see these three in the US, or in concert. Please share your stories. I would love to hear about it :)
    What do you think about this adorable metal band??

~Miss Elegent Serenity
    http://www.dubtopia.eu/oh-japan/babymetal

#1 Miss Elegent Serenity, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I've heard of Baby Metal before, a friend of mine introduced me to them. If you can get past how...bizarre the concept is, their music is actually pretty well made and insanely catchy. Great article, thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Anytime its what I'm here for.

4. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    This band has been around for ages. I found them through a band called ChthoniC who they toured with!

5. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I think I first heard of them about a year and a half ago maybe two years ago I don't remember exactly. But I like there music. And I think the concept is great and kinda funny at the same time.

6. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I've seen a vid of them before once or twice. It's odd to see the young girls with the heavy metal going on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    PLEASE COME TO TEXAS! <3
    Head Bangya~! is my favorite!
    This is also pretty funny.

#7 Keiichi-Morisato, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I sure like metal. Babies are a-ok with me. BUT both?!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    came across this band once while messing around on youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure that metal and electronica/dance/techno mixes too well, then again, the whole "baby metal" being a "newborn" genre does give them an opportunity to coin the term and create a whole new genre of music that actually works. The first video was alright, but that's also why I'm not sure about metal and electronica/dance/techno mixes well. I'm also not a big fan of screamo, which is not required to be considered metal. I'll give the next 3 videos a shot, though since they didn't rely on a lot screamo to make their music.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    I music I enjoyed but I agree it could have done without the scream bits, the chocolate one is cute

#11 Miss Elegent Serenity, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014