Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Oh, Japan! Anime pillow responds to rubbing with moans,groans, gets angry if get too grabby.

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Keiichi-Morisato, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

A proper anime character huggy pillow seems to have become a critical component of the full fetish and fantasy regalia of a well-rounded otaku, but there are certain things you just can’t do with such a 2-D crush. Sure, anime girl pillows will let you squeeze them and passionately insert your sweet nothings into their non-existent eardrums, but no matter how fervently romantic you become, you can’t expect any sort of pillow talk from your pillow.

Unless, that is, you’re curled up beneath the sheets with the Ita-Supo, the first talkinghuggy pillow that responds to your touch with verbal responses, including angry outbursts if you get too grabby.

Developer Koichi Uchimura used to be a researcher at Kyushu Institute of Technology. While we’re not sure what precise field of academia he was involved with at the Fukuoka Prefecture university, his current mission in life is developing new technologies with which to “support people’s otaku life.”

[​IMG]

No stranger to the allures of anime huggy pillows, or dakimakura, as they’re called in Japanese, Uchimura nonetheless was feeling unfulfilled. “When we’d sleep in the same bed, I’d start to think, ‘I wish she could talk,’ so I wanted to make that a reality.” The result was Rina Makuraba, whose family name is a pun on makura, the Japanese word for pillow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

▼ The inventor is happy to demonstrate his technique.

You can probably already see where this is going: straight to the breasts, which in this instance are accompanied by Rina meowing like a pleased kitty cat…

[​IMG]

…followed by an excursion in Crotchland, which elicits a breathy, “No, not there,” but capped with a telltale heart mark to show she’s being coquettishly consensual.

[​IMG]

“For otaku, this is the dakimakura of their dreams,” asserts Uchimura. But while that claim might make you imagine that Rina will let you do whatever you want with her, that’s actually not how the system works.

[​IMG]

As shown in the video, the sensor responds differently to different kinds of stroking. Mash your palm over Rina’s chest, and she’ll get upset, saying, “Hey, that hurts!” and “Hey, hands off!” Uchimura even alludes to a cumulative effect, where a continual lack of gentleness will put Rina in such a bad mood she’ll stop talking to you altogether.

On the other hand, a smoother, more measured groping will instead produce a string of increasingly positive reactions.

“What’s gonna happen if I start to love you even more than I already do?”

[​IMG]

Otaku who’re worried about a limited phrase set ruining the mood by making it feel like they’re making out with a 1994 Sega Genesis sports game announcer will be pleased to know that the Ita-Supo comes preloaded with over 500 speech patterns. Uchimura says that expansions are also planned, which can be downloaded to your smartphone, then transferred into the pillow.

Despite proudly referring to Rina as his wife in the video, Uchimura seems to have no qualms about sharing, or even selling, his anime spouse, and his campaign on Japanese crowdfunding site Makuake has already raised 302,000 yen (US $2,560) of the 500,000 yen it’s seeking. 20,000 yen will get you your very own touch-responsive dakimakura, featuring either Rina or alternate Ita-Supo stars Shion Kamitsuki and Shiho Natsuki.

▼ Shion and Shiho’s family names aren’t as pun-tastic as Rina’s, but they do both contain the kanji character for “moon,” keeping with the nocturnal image of pillows (and bedtop hanky-panky).

[​IMG]

If you’re feeling like your bed is both too lonely and too quiet, you can throw some cash at Uchimura right here.

2. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is giving me cancer, please.
    Whoever made this needs to end something, for the sweet love of all that is shit.​

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I don't need pillows judging my love making skills, thank you very much.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I think these are pretty interesting. Without fully reading, what is classified as too many gropes?

5. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Dont know, guess you need to get one to find out.
    FOR SCIENCE!
    Come on @Nimander I know you want this.

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Does the pillow wake you up in the early morning for more activities? Maybe it talks dirty to you in the middle of the night when your sleeping :confused:

7. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

First the hololens and now a talking pillow girlfriend?

Thank you biased japan science.

I like the way you think sir.

8. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    In all honesty this is one of the creepiest things I've heard in a while. And then people wonder why I don't let people know I like anime...