Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

No Gambit For X-Men: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jun 19, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    No Gambit For X-Men: Apocalypse
    ...According to Channing Tatum
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]18 June 2015 | Written by James White | Source: Reddit (Via The Hollywood Reporter)

[​IMG]

While the 1980s’ setting for X-Men: Apocalypse made it unlikely that Channing Tatum’s Gambit might be introduced during the movie, we still had hope in our hearts that some sort of crossover would be possible. Tatum himself, however, has shot the idea down.

Answering questions during a lively, funny, and at times honest (looking at you, Jupiter Ascending) Reddit Ask Me Anything session, Tatum tackled the subject of whether his take on the roguish mutant gambler and card-chucker might show up in Bryan Singer’s latest X-adventure. “No ma'am, or sir. I definitely will not,” was his quickly typed reply.

But he did at least expound on his hopes for the film now it has a director. "We finally found someone (Rupert Wyatt) that I really do believe wants to make [the movie]," he wrote. "I just really think because Gambit is not the most popular or the biggest hero, I think there's a really unique opportunity. Marvel's done a lot of great movies that have made a ridiculous amount of money, and it's always good to figure how to change the form." Interesting… So the Gambit film might not just be a standard superhero outing, which certainly seemed possible given Wyatt’s presence in the director’s chair.

Gambit, which has been written by Josh Zetumer, is scheduled to arrive in UK cinemas on October 7 next year.

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Lol, good. I'm not particularly fond of their casting choice for Gambit anyways.