Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Nintendo's Satoru Iwata dies at 55

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Heizengard, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Nintendo has announced that its president and CEO, Satoru Iwata, died on Saturday. He was 55, and the cause of death was stated as a bile duct growth. Iwata took some time off for health reasons last year and had had surgery to remove a tumor, returning later in the year.

Iwata took over as president from longtime boss Hiroshi Yamauchi in 2002, and led the company to huge success with the Nintendo DS and Wii consoles. He formerly worked as a programmer at Nintendo subsidiary HAL, contributing to games like EarthBound,Balloon Fight, and the Kirby series.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/12/8940067/satoru-iwata-nintendo-dies

I didn't want to post this on here till I found out more info, but I wasn't sure when that'd be. Jesus Christ, I mean just... wow. That's all I can say. This was the last thing I expected.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RenNya Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
  3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just saw this a few minutes ago. R.I.P. Mr. Iwata.

Edit: just felt like this video kind of summed up the situation, as best as anyone can.

#3 BaconMan8910, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0

We all loved you dude

5. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Been a day already, and I still can't think of anything else to say about this. This was honestly the last thing I expected to hear. I'm sure things at Nintendo will be fine, but it's going to be shaky. Iwata was a very important person at Nintendo, as well as to a lot of gamers in general.

6. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    There aren't many corporate CEOs in this world that I view as anything other than blood-sucking leeches on society, but Satoru struck me as the kind of person that actually gave a shit about what he did beyond just trying to siphon $ from your wallet. So thank you Mr. Iwata. I may not have agreed with all of your decisions at Nintendo, but I give you mad cred for the sheer balls that you had to take the company in different directions against conventional wisdom, and to do what apparently so few leaders in the industry can do: actually fucking enjoy yourself in a medium that's supposed to be about having fun.

• Like Like x 1