Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Xena: Warrior Princess In The Works

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jul 21, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    New Xena: Warrior Princess In The Works
    Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert are looking for a writer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]20 July 2015 | Written by James White | Source: The Hollywood Reporter

[​IMG]

Welcome back to our ongoing coverage of Everything Old Is New Again, part approximately 73 gazillion. Yes, another cult favourite has caught the eye of the shadowy remake council and now US network NBC and production company NBC Universal are in the early stages of a reboot of cult TV series Xena: Warrior Princess.

Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, who created the original as a spin-off from the popular Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and watched it become as (if not more) successful as the original show, are involved with the reboot, which will once again blend fantasy, comedy and drama together.

Lucy Lawless, who played the title character for six years between 1995 and 2001, is high on the list of people that the new team of producers want involved, and may end up cropping up on screen. She is, after all, part of Raimi and her husband Tapert’s new Evil Dead TV series, Ash Vs. Evil Dead. And she’s been trying to get a new Xena on the air herself. "I'm always being peppered with questions about when the Xena movie is coming, Lawless told Hitfix at Comic-Con. “I'm pitching my ass off to make it happen, whether it's with me or not. I think it'd be funny to have a reboot like Ash Vs. Evil Dead — like middle-aged Xena in a muumuu with a bad attitude and a smoking habit... Bring Ted Raimi (Joxer) in and maybe Bruce Campbell (Autolycus)."

Now Raimi, Tapert and the rest are on the hunt for a new writer to bring a fresh take. No decision has been made as to whether any potential show would be a miniseries like 24: Live Another Day or a new running show, but either way, the team wants this on the air next year.