Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Silent Hill game by Hideo Kojima and director Guillermo del Toro

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Heizengard, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-and-guillermo-del-toro-team-up-for-new-sil-1620434191

Not sure when it was announced but on the PS4 there is a playable teaser trailer for the new Silent Hill game (titled Silent Hills). It will also star The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus. I watched some of the trailer and I kind of hope to God that it's not what the new game is gonna be like. It looks like a Slender The Eight Pages rip off. Hopefully that's just the playable trailer. I just find it awesome that Kojima and del Toro are working on the game. Maybe this one won't suck then xD

2. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    At the end of the teaser it mentions that it is just a teaser and has no direct relation to the main title. The playable teaser was revealed yesterday. The gameplay from the teaser will most likely not be how the game will play. I believe the way the teaser was done was to hide the fact that the game was really a new Silent Hill since they revealed it as a game called P.T. it was at the end of the teaser it was revealed to be silent hill. The game has just began development so there won't be more info about the game for a while.

3. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Ah I didn't think of that. I was just confused really. The video I saw of it the person playing it didn't get to the end of it. All in all though it was a very clever way of reviling the game.

4. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
  5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    There are still many PS2 games I haven't played. Shame I haven't done this one yet.

6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Kojima is involved. There will be shenanigans in the teasers/reveal.

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I've not played the playable trailer, and I probably won't. =P I absolutely love the Silent Hill series, but haven't really enjoyed any of the games since 4. I feel like 1-4 are excellent horror games but the new western Silent Hill games kinda suck. So I don't have a lot of hope for this one as I don't see the series making a real comeback or getting back to implementing the same psychological horror that made it great in the first place.

8. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you for the most part. From what I know del Toro is a good director (I haven't seen any of his horror movies) and Kojima's not bad either. I just hope it's not gonna be like Homecoming.....

9. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Idk. Kojima is kinda known for his overly-complicated and not at all subtle story telling which doesn't sound like it would lend itself well to Silent Hill. I don't know anything about Del Toro, honestly. So I've really no intention in putting any stock into the skill sets of either of them translating to a good Silent Hill game. If it turns out well, awesome, if not then oh well I didn't get my hopes up. =P