Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Release Club Winter 2015 vote

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So many words yet so little reasoning for watching shows
    This hardly counts as a bio, I'm not going to go out of my way for something that doesn't exist. This line was on MAL but that tells us nothing so why add it? The show seems to have supporters even with the crap PV that is there so I don't see an issue.

Also since I caught your attention, vote for Death Parade, a psychological battle between two people in the form of bar games. What is at stake, only their lives... Although I'm fairly certain there is more to it because the OVA was interesting but I won't say any more.

Also @RodRule @Ovyda @sayWut @Sporadic you guys going to vote? Come on no need to be shy.

Death Parade [4]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! [2]
    Heizen
    Noobs

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [7]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha [3]
    KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    If you're talking about Kantai, then that bio is all there is.
    The only other thing to note is that they'll be focusing on a small amount of ships with other ships making cameo appearances.

Also it's gonna be directed by the guy that gave us Akuma no Riddle, so expect shit that'll still sell well.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well the game or whatever seems to have quite a bit of popularity so the series already had a large following and this is the first anime that I know of so I guess that is why a lot of people are interested. I don't get it though.
    well.......that sucks. If this ends up winning though then it's odd that this guys stuff keep winning in the club isn't it?

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Death Parade [5]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201
    Spor

Heizen
    Noobs

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [8]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201
    Spor

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Please the only good thing he's directed is Nanoha post 1st season (cause Akiyuki Shinbou directed the first season prior to moving to SHAFT)
    He'll redeem himself with Nanoha the Movie 3rd: Reflection.

Also...
    Why the hell would you guys pick this?

6. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan U'd be surprised. How many people feel sorry for Aizen in Bleach? I dunno but, I sure do. I felt sad for the guy. Doesn't excuse what he did but, I do feel sorry for him and have sympathy for him. If I can feel sympathy for, the main villain of a show, I believe I can feel sympathy for an alien that partically destroyed the moon and intends to do the same to Earth. Do I really want to put my heart through the torture of watching a char or, worse, whole cast of chars die? That's right, what IF they can't stop him? (If anyone knows the outcome, please, keep it to yourself, thanks) That means we lose all the lovable chars we knew, do u REALLY want to watch that anime knowing this could happen?

@Supernatural-Knight In all honesty? Well, ok. Why add it? Because like Maddy said, that is all there is and as everyone here knows about me, I care about fairness. Sure it isn't much, sure it tells us next to nothing (More in a mo) but it is better than adding nothing when the others got something. Plus, the fact it goes out of it's way to say it's based on a card game says a LOT about it. (Think Yu-gi-oh!, Pokémon, Wixoss, etc.) The latter anime I mentioned there, was good, it focused less on the cards and had a story, so don't think I'm lumping it in as, it's an anime about a card game and playing card battles like Yu-gi-oh! is and Pokémon, well, that can mean the anime or the actual TCG. Point being, it's an anime based on a card game which gives us a rough idea of what it "might" be like and that info is way better than knowing nothing at all. lol

I'll be honest, I might've been willing to watch the 25 min short it was based on but, not 12 eps that are 24 mins each. The anime while seems promising, just isn't something I care to watch anytime soon. SO, I shall not be voting for this one, although, you and others can try to change my mind still. About 24 hrs left till I vote...

@Sir-Maddy TO-LOVE-Ru, I have still not seen this, really wanting too, I plan to at some point this year... (If I only had someone to watch it with I'd watch it much sooner lol) and I'm not sure which anime u were referring too but, I'd watch anime not for the hot sexy char but, for the story itself.

Well, you know Maddy, The magical girl genre is one of my 3 most fav genre, but how often do we come across a magical boy genre? Not often. I myself was but off at first by the preview but as it went on, I said, it's ok. Is it something I'd care for? Sure. Is it something I'm going to love compared to a magical girl anime? No lol I prefer mah girls and their magic but, that said, tell me, why do u not like Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!?

Fyi, yes, I would vote for this if someone convinced me too, all's fair in love & war u know. ;)

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Manga is still ongoing I believe so I don't think there even is an official outcome yet. Also people felt sorry for Aizen? I'm pretty sure 90% of people either hated him from the moment he showed he was bad or grew sick of him after his arc lasted 2 or 3 years. I certainly never heard a single person go "Oh poor Aizen" all I remember is "Oh god this guy STILL ISN'T DEAD" and "Oh THAT was part of your plan too? What else is going to also be part of your stupid plan!" because people just got tired of him after a while. But in any case just go into a show assuming the villain dies in the end and don't pointlessly grow attached to him because 90% of anime has the main villain dying in the end.

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    So, @Natsuru-san, rather than pick any one post of yours to respond to regarding this anime, I'll just summarise. Here's SK's post of the things.
    List of things from this that makes it look like a direct clone:
    • Genres - Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance, Harem
    • Male MC with spiky brown hair and an armoured arm makes contract with demon lord (and assumedly becomes harem lead)
    • (Assuming the right character) Demon lord girl has long red hair and oversized boobs
    • White haired loli
    • "Being hit by one ecchi situation after another"
    Notes regarding makers:
    I don't really care if it's by the people who made Angel Beats!. Companies unavoidably make some really good stuff as well as piles of shit. Take, for example, KyoAni and PA Works; KyoAni made Haruhi (amazing) and Clannad (shit), and PA Works made Angel Beats! (amazing) and Glasslip (shit).

Final note:
    You and most others know that I could not really give a shit about ecchi as a genre; it holds nothing for me. So, when an anime's main theme is ecchi, and it blatantly looks like it's being a clone of something I'm only watching for a character, it's fairly obvious to see I have no real interest in watching.

9. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    >watching any harem for the story
    >ever
    >implying harem has a story other than vaginas and tits in your face for 24 minutes

Because of three things
    1. It looks extremely gay right down to the designs
    2. It looks like shit
    3. I'm not sold and will never watch it

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    • Yeah because that isn't the default for every action harem series ever! Seriously DxD was not the first to have those tags so it hardly has a claim to that.
    • This is a close tie in but doesn't automatically make it a rip off because there is a lot of variation you can do with this. in this case at least on variation is the contract gets reversed and makes him the master but who knows if that will mean anything in the end.
    • Because after DxD and Erza of Fairy Tail that character type has become popular. So there have been quite a few scattered through various anime
    • yeah because this TOTALLY has not been done by any other anime before or after
    • You mean like 95% of all harem anime?
    Of course there was that one shitty anime with the reapers "So I can't H" or something that really was a shameless clone but until we actually see the show we can't tell if it has enough going for it to stand on it's own or not. That reaper anime certainly didn't but there is no need to shoot it down already. In other words if this anime has all of the things you mentioned and nothing new to offer then it is a clone. If it does offer something new and strives to make it's own identity then at best it's inspired by but not a clone.

BTW was the giant text really necessary?

Harem anime do have story. 75% are cookie cutter plots with little variation but they are still stories and once in a while you get someone who actually makes a good, original plot for their harem series. So don't disrespect them are treat all works with the harem tag like shit. Some really do put effort into their story and characters.

11. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Death Parade [6]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut

Heizen
    Noobs

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [9]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

12. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm voting 12 hrs early, this also means ya'll have a chance to reverse my decision at any time before the voting ends. I congratulate Meta and others for helping convince me to vote for and watch the anime I just voted for, it's also highly doubtful I will change my vote. I shall rely to posts later, sometime after someone posts.

Death Parade [6]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut

Heizen
    Noobs

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [10]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut
    Natsuru-san

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    If one or two of those things were all that there was, then sure. My argument is that ALL of those things are piled in together. And because of that, I'm not going to see this as anything but a clone.

Giant text? The text did get larger when I ended the list, but I thought the size I then changed it to was the default size?

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Most most of that list is par for the course in harem anime only one or two of those are specifically unique at all. Meaning out of the things you listed they only have one or two specific details in common when you take out things that are simply part of the Genera (and thus part of most harem anime)
    No default is like this While you had it like this

15. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Okay name me five harem anime this past year that has an original story line and the creators take pride in their story and characters.

16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hey I said 75% (or more I pulled that number out of no where after all) were cookie cutter) so asking for 5 is a bit much especially limited to just a year. While these aren't the best examples I can think of at least two that I saw (It's not as if I watch every harem show just the ones that might prove interesting)
    Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu counts as a harem I think and whether you liked it or not is one thing but it took what it had and had fun with it. It didn't waste time with random junk and the fan service was there but didn't waste too much time. It wasn't anything ground breakingly new but it did certainly do it's own thing instead of mindlessly following a formula

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? It's kind of like that "is this a Zombie" anime but different. But it was still fun and felt different enough from other harem anime to be it's own thing.

Again hardly ground breaking but they did break away from the standard and it felt like the writer actually put thought into their personalities beyond just one trait.

17. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Death Parade [6]
    Supernatural Knight
    Mafiacow
    obdriver6
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! [3]
    Heizen
    Noobs
    Rod

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [10]
    Supernatural Knight
    Metazoxan
    Stereoanlange
    OtakuSenseiHig
    obdriver6
    Natsu
    BK-201
    Spor
    Wut
    Natsuru-san

Kantai Collection [6]
    Maddy
    Kiri
    Mafiacow
    Natsu
    KM
    Heizen

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha [4]
    KM
    Noobs
    Natsuru-san
    Rod

Rolling Girls [5]
    Maddy
    Stereoanlange
    Metazoxan
    OtakuSenseiHig
    Kiri

18. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Meh, still looks like a clone to me. I doubt anything is going to change that.

I can't really see much of a difference. Is it just due to our computers?

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    fair enough. Just try not to judge it too much until we can see it and decide whether or not it is a clone because I can't say it won't be. I'm just saying it may not.

possibly. the "While you had it like this" part in my previous post looks twice as big to me. which is why I was confused because everything from "Notes regarding makers:" on down was bigger while everything above looked normal..... meh it's not a big issue though so if it's just a display thing I'll just ignore it.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Yeah, no.
    This was basically Kampfer 2.0, in which a guy turns into a girl and becomes a super sentai.
    It's generic as fuck, right down to the characters.

Protip: Gender-bender shit is never good because the girls are shit and the guy is a dimwitted weeb like 99.9% of other harem protags out there.

>Guy gets a cheap apartment
    >it happens to be haunted by supernatural creatures, all of which happen to be girls
    >they all live with him and transfer into his school

That's still fucking generic, but with a supernatural twist.

Oh man, next you're gonna tell me If Her Flag Breaks is good cause of the ending.