Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Release Club Winter 2015 vote

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Time to vote everyone, same rules as always apply. Vote for 2 shows, vote changes are allowed, and you must tally your votes otherwise they won't be included.

Death Parade - Game, Psychological
    [​IMG]
    "Welcome to Queen Dekim." What greets two unsuspecting guests is a strange bar, Queen Dekim, and the white-haired bartender, Dekim. "From here you two shall begin a battle where your lives hang in the balance," he says to introduce the Death Game. Before long the guests' true natures become apparent. As a matter of course, at the game's end Dekim is revealed to be the "arbiter." Dekim's judgement on the two guests is...

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love - Comedy. Magic, Slice of Life
    [​IMG]
    This is the story of how five high school boys affiliated with the "Binan High School Earth Defense Club" aka the "Do Nothing Club" are charged by a weird pink wombat creature with protecting the world.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - Action, Comedy, School, Shounen, Supernatural
    [​IMG]
    A humorous and action-packed story about a class of misfits who are trying to kill their new teacher – an alien octopus with bizarre powers and super strength! The teacher has just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth – unless his students can destroy him first. What makes things more complicated is that he's the best teacher they've ever had!

Kantai Collection - Action, Sci-fi, military
    [​IMG]

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha - Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance, Harem
    [​IMG]
    "Hey, you said you wanted a little sister, right?" First year highschool student, Toujo Basara, was suddenly asked by his father and fell into a state of panic. On top of that, the eccentric father told him he will be getting remarried.

He then departed overseas after bringing Basara two beautiful step-sisters. But Mio and Maria's true forms are actually the newbie Demon Lord and a succubus!? Basara was almost entered into a master and servant contract with Mio, but a "reversed" contract was formed by mistake, and Basara is now the master!? Moreover, Basara is being hit by one ecchi situation after another due to the contract, but Mio's life is being pursued by other demon tribes and hero tribes! The most powerful contractor's desire action drama begins!

Rolling Girls - Slice of Life
    [​IMG]
    Ten years after the Great Tokyo War, each prefecture in Japan has split up into independent nations. Each nation is ruled by a prophet called "Mosa" and an army called "Mob" as they start to compete to take over other countries. Four "Mob" girls from the Saitama clan, Nozomi, Yukina, Ai, and Chiaya, are ordered by their "Mosa" to travel around Japan riding their motorcycles to mediate multiple battles between nations and clans as they emerge.

2. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Nothing there looked interesting aside from the Psycho-Pass movie. Maybe Sengoku Mousou, but that looks like a watered down, less cool and extreme, Sengoku Basara.

So instead I went with something dumb sounding xD.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Heizengard oh wow, that, I can't believe you actually did that......
    I'm up for watching it if it wins but I really doubt other than that I'd give it even 5 mins. I think watching the opening for this series might be too much for me.

A nomination is a nomination though so that makes 2, 4 more to go.

4. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I might watch like an episode of it. I literally picked the stupidest thing I could find, since everything else looked like a harem or a season 2 or just looked boring.

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    what about Ansatsu Kyoushitsu ? It's litterally a show where an alien plans to destroy the world.... in a year but in the mean time he wants to be a school teacher and everyone is free to try to kill him in the mean time which they do. Oh also he is apparently really good at being a teacher.

It's the kind of "wait what?" that I love about anime!

Junketsu no Maria looks like it might be interesting to. At the very least the PV I saw had nice animation.

BTW my nomination is Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

6. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    #6 Keiichi-Morisato, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  7. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, finally joined the club. Ok, well it looks like the anime I wanted to nominate has already been nominated by Meta. I'll go with Tokyo Ghoul √A

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Keiichi-Morisato I am definitely not surprised by your choice. I was originally interested in watching that based upon that PV but then I saw the other PV and it looked like any other crap school girls anime, so yeah I'm out unless it wins.

@obdriver6 welcome to the club, although there is something you overlooked
    Unfortunately Tokyo Ghoul is ineligible, however since we did watch the first season it can be a side activity in the existing thread.

So there are still some open spots, unusual for this club. Where the hell is everyone?

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    like Super said Sequal is no good. If you want I could let you have Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and I'll switch my nominee to Junketsu no Maria.

christmas? Some might be visiting family or be otherwise busy for the holiday. Plus the winter season is like 50% and 25% harem series so the number of good valid picks is rather small (Although I wouldn't mind a harem series nominee).

10. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about that, I guess I should have read the rules of the club first instead.

Don't worry about it, I'll pick something else. When is the last day to nominate?

11. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I nominate Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha
    Info:
    http://anilist.co/anime/20678/ShinmaiMaounoKeiyakusha

Also, on anime news network, it said this anime is being made by some people who made shows Like DxD and I think Angel Beats or maybe it was Haganai or all but DxD and soeme really big anime I know where made by the people who are making this anime which is why I nominate this one, that and, the story itself too.

EDIT: Somebody please nominate Junketsu no Maria. If I'm right, we only have 1 opening left and this anime looks better than most of what is going to be airing in winter...

12. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I would like to nominate Rolling Girls. Couldn't decide between that and Absolute Duo so I flipped a coin.

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I heard the LN was similar to DxD in a certain aspect...That should prove interesting.

14. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    All 3 of those are made by different studios.
    This one ~ Nippon Columbia,Production IMS
    HS DxD ~ Studio TNK
    Angel Beats! ~ P.A. Works
    Haganai ~ AIC Build

I actually think they're trying to cash in on DxD's popularity.
    I mean, hell ...
    [​IMG]

15. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Actually in this case I think it's more just the same kind of series. So even if it's inspired by DxD (which I'm sure it is) it seems this has managed to gather a fan base and be it's own thing. So while it's hardly original it seems it can at least say it's not a rip off.

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    How dare they not log on to see what is happening on here, those selfish bastards.....
    I actually meant in general, activity has been down for a while now in pretty much every section for weeks it seems. Yeah it is a busier time but it still seems rather blank even after factoring holiday season in.

There is no specific last day, it is whenever 6 nominations are received. First come first served is the way we handle it.
    To me it definitely seems like a a terrible ecchi harem, just another attempt to gain some of the popularity from the fan base that drools over DxD. It doesn't surprise me considering "So I can't play H" and "Estatica of a Rogue Hero" followed after it pretty quickly. Both use demons and ecchi genres and both I found boring. Between this and Isuca I think the DxD fan base will have a field day.

Anyway we now have our 6 nominees.
    1. Death Parade
    2. Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!
    3. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
    4. Kantai Collection
    5. Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha
    6. Rolling Girls

That is why I said unfortunately Obdriver, sorry but all spots are taken now. I will be editing this thread probably tomorrow to include all info needed about every series. Of course I will tag every member to make sure they see when the voting is opened. Also the end date is yet to be decided, I'll let you all know when I find an appropriate date to finish it.

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    "So I can't play H" was the most shameless example of ripping of DxD I have ever seen. It didn't even try to hide it it just ripped off pretty much everything about DxD but just moved a couple details around. It also had a shitty plot and bland characters and the ending was the most secretly horrifying ending ever.
    But as for "Estatica of a Rogue Hero" that wasn't a rip off at all. The one girl was the only demon character we ever meet and everything else was completely different. Also the fan service was kind of used to show the MC was a badass than just to show fan service since most of the fan service was him watching a girl changing while standing on the sealing or something. In any case the problem with that was was they tried to do too much in just 12 episodes (I think they had at least 6 different groups or plots introduced by the end) so the show lacked focus and was just a mess. Watching the MC be a badass was kinda fun through.

18. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Like I said before, I should have read the rules lol That's fine, I couldn't find anything else that was really interesting anyway.

19. ReiAyanamies Guro Queen.

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait for Rolling Girls.

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Time to vote everyone, same rules as always apply. Vote for 2 shows, vote changes are allowed, and you must tally your votes otherwise they won't be included. All needed/available info about each series is provided in the first post.
    @Batosai, @BK-201, @Heizengard, @Kiri, @Mafiacow, @Metazoxan, @Natsu-Dragneel, @Natsuru-san, @Noobs, @obdriver6, @OtakuSenseiHig, @Ovyda, @RodRule, @sayWut, @Sir-Maddy, @Sporadic, @Stereoanlange

Death Parade [1]
    Supernatural Knight

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! [0]

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu [1]
    Supernatural Knight

Kantai Collection [0]

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha [0]

Rolling Girls [0]