Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[new Life+] Young Again In Another World Anime Cancelled

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The official website for the anime adaptation of MINE's [New Life+] Young Again in Another World (Nidome no Jinsei o Isekai de) light novels announced on Wednesday that the production and broadcast of the anime has been cancelled. The production committee's announcement cites many concerns raised after the anime was revealed, and the message also includes an apology.

Voice actors Toshiki Masuda, Megumi Nakajima, and Kiyono Yasuno all previously announced their resignations from their respective roles in the television anime on Wednesday. The talent management agency 81 Produce also announced Nanami Yamashita's resignation from the anime on the same day. According to their posts, Masuda, Nakajima, Yasuno, and Yamashita were slated to play the roles of the characters Renya Kunugi, Rona Chevalier, Shion Femme Fatale, and Creator in the anime.

As of Wednesday, the anime's official website is accessible within Japan, but viewers outside Japan see only an inaccessible website with a "403 Forbidden" error.

Original creator MINE has recently been involved in controversy regarding his alleged insults and discriminatory remarks directed at China and South Korea, along with allegedly discriminatory content within the story of the novels themselves.

MINE responded to the controversy and issued an apology on Twitter on Tuesday. In the first of a series of tweets, he said, "Regarding some of my past tweets, I made many people feel extremely uncomfortable, and I give my deep apologies for writing inappropriate remarks." He said he is "deeply reflecting" for posting "without accurately understanding all the facts" and without giving deep thought to his words. MINE added that he does not expect to receive forgiveness from the people he upset, but he wanted to give a "heartfelt apology."

In addition to deleting all his tweets, MINE plans to delete his Twitter account in the near future after the apology spreads.

With regard to the [New Life+] Young Again in Another World light novel series, MINE noted his "poor writing" and "rash remarks." As a result of recognizing the inappropriate content in his work, MINE will discontinue offering the novels on "Shōsetsuka ni Narō." He plans to discuss with the publisher about the possibility of correcting the relevant print versions of the novels.

The anime was slated to premiere in October.

Keitaro Motonaga (School Days, Jormungand, Digimon Adventure tri.) was directing the anime at Seven Arcs Pictures (Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls). Takamitsu Kouno (Minami-ke Tadaima, Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Gabriel DropOut) was in charge of the series scripts, and was also penning the script alongside Touko Machida (Chaika the Coffin Princess), Koujirou Nakamura (Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight AXIS), and Chabo Higurashi (Memories Off 3.5). Makoto Takahoko (Thunder Jet, Fastest Finger First) was adapting Kaobcha's original character designs for animation.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1