Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hō Visual Novel's Opening Streamed

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Sir-Maddy, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The official channel for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni original creator Ryūkishi07 and his dojin circle 07th Expansion began streaming the opening for the franchise's latest visual novel, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hō, on Friday. The opening features the theme song, "Ano Hi e" (To That Day) by Yuzuki.

The new game will be released on August 17. The game will be released as a "thank you" to series fans (the kanji used for Hō is used in the word Hōnō, "dedication"). It will include the previously unreleased work "Hinamizawa Teiryūjo" (Hinamizawa Bus Stop) that was a precursor to the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series, the Higurashi Outbreak original story, and the newly written Higurashi Outbreak: Kamikanshi-hen story.

"Higurashi Outbreak" is set in the same Hinamizawa village of the previous stories. The village has been completely sealed off due to a mysterious virus in 1983, and Keiichi Maebara and Rena Ryūgū deal with the outbreak.

07th Expansion's original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni visual novel software revolved around murders that coincide with an annual festival in a quiet rural village. The software inspired two television anime series, several video anime projects, two live-action films, and manga adaptations by several artists.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
  3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Firstly, Oh god that animation I forgot that the VNs looked like that. As bad as DEEN may be I think their way of adapting this franchise was great compared to the source.

Okay now if this means maybe more Higurashi in the future, I have been waiting for this. There is something fascinating about the way that the characters turn and murder one another.

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
  5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Whatever it is, if there is a possibility of another anime version of it I'm happy, as far as I'm concerned that is good news. Be it a sequel to Kaku or something else altogether as long as it isn't like the crap which had them turn into magical girls, or start focussing on fan service. Basically if they are going to be killing people I am interested in the prospect of a new adaptation.

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Reckon we could get a remake for Higurashi?
    I mean, Fate/Stay Night is getting one.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh god a remake for Higurashi, that could be interesting. Which studio would you want handling it and what director. I don't think I'd want DEEN to still have this but their animation did get better for the Kaku OVA so I'm kind of torn here.
    Isn't stay night's the adaptation of another route though? It isn't really a remake but another alternate path that the game had in that case.

8. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Hmm, I'd get Madhouse to do it, and I'd want Ei Aoki to direct.
    Also I'd want Yuki Kajira to do the soundtrack, and the cast to reprise their roles.

Also it's supposedly going to be mixed, I think the DEEN one went down one route, then made up for it with UBW.

9. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm.... A new When They Cry game? Let's just hope it get's translated.

Also a friend of mine would not shut the f*** up about how much he hated Kaku Outbreak. So much so that it's put me off of watching it. Not because he said it was bad, but because I'd keep hearing his voice going "betrayal" every time something he described happens in it would happen...

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Kaku wasn't bad, I was only in it for Rena.
    It's just an average OVA, that's all.