Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Here

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Win3030, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm just an old pervert who's favorite animes are FLCL and Queen's Blade.
    Unfortunately I have a satellite internet provider which is prohibitively expensive for streaming or downloading.
    Need some direction on similarly themed anime so I don't waste my high-speed time on streaming, or wasting my actual time on downloading crap that looked good, but sucked.

Thanks.

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Welcome @Win3030, I hope you enjoy your time here with us & chose to stay. Given the description of what you like to watch here are some of my recommendations.
    If you've already watched any of these you can simply disregard them.

High School DxD - Has multiple seasons so may be to lengthy a watch for you.
    Rosario To Vampire
    Trinity Seven
    Prison School
    Wanna Be The Strongest In The World!
    SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist
    Sekirei
    Absolute Duo
    Freezing
    Ikki Tousen
    Kämpfer
    Medaka Box
    Keijo!!!!
    Hundred
    Ladies versus Butlers

3. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, I feel your pain. I have satellite internet too. It's all I can get where I live. Data limits suck and makes it hard to download and stream.

4. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.
    Have seen some HSDXD. Liked it, though it is a bit juvenile (go figure-High School is in the title).
    Will give a few a try.

5. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forum.

Since you like Queen's Blade I'm going to assume your looking for Ecchi. Ecchi = anime with lots of nudity, panty shots, cleavage, etc.

You probably should have posted this in the Ecchi Lovers Club but I can't blame you for posting it here since the forum layout can be a bit overwhelming or confusing at first.

Depending on what you liked Queen's Blade for (I can make a guess, I liked it for the same reasons) I wouldn't suggest watching these.

Trinity Seven censors all the good parts.

Shimoneta makes sexual jokes but isn't much of an ecchi and as an ecchi fan I thought it was awful.

Wanna Be the Strongest in the World is a decent ecchi but unless you like pro wrestling there are better options

Medaka Box isn't ecchi in the slightest.

Keijo isn't much of an ecchi either and is really a comedy about a fake sport that pretends to be ecchi to lure in ecchi fans.

I thought Prison School was appalling. Its basically shock humor with occasional nudity.

Hundred and Kampfer aren't available in English so if you don't want to watch shows in Japanese then I wouldn't suggest these either. Kampfer is also a gender bender show so if your not into that, avoid it.

I wouldn't compare any of those shows to Queen's Blade.

Here are the shows I would suggest

- Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls
    - High School DxD
    - Demon King Daimao
    - Sekirei
    - Charger Girl Ju-den Chan
    - Freezing
    - Ikki Tousen
    - Cat Planet Cuties
    - Maken-Ki
    - We Without Wings: Under the Innocent Sky
    - Dragonar Academy
    - Bikini Warriors
    - Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon
    - High School of the Dead
    - Ladies versus Butlers
    - My Wife is the Student Council President! (not available in English but it will be soon)
    - To LOVE-Ru (not available in English)
    - Masou Gakuen HxH (not available in English)

Note: these aren't necessarily my favorite ecchi shows (although many of them are), but the ones closest to Queen's Blade in terms of ecchi content, or in the case of Bikini Warriors, setting, art style, combat, etc.

I don't know anything about FLCL so I'll let someone else handle suggestions for anime similar to that one. I will say though that you should try Kill la Kill! as it's an ecchi with a similar art style to FLCL and a very good show.

6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @KnowMeFrom for better clarification. Your right that Hundred and Kampfer aren't available in English. Iv'e no idea why I added them to my list, I know better so shame on me. My apologies to you @Win3030. ​

7. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Liked Kill la Kill.
    Saw a few episodes of High School of the Dead, but not enough to form an opinion.
    You should check Fooly Cooly out, though, for the style of both the animation and story line.
    I like ecchi but I also like bizarre humor and situations, as in Cowboy BeBop.
    Thanks for the extra options.

8. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Big fan of FLCL and BeBop as well!! I am not an ecchi fan but recommending comedy is definitely up my alley:

Some suggestions for unique comedy anime:
    Maison Ikkoku
    One Punch Man
    The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
    SKET Dance
    Nerima Daikon Brothers
    Space Dandy
    Gintama
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    Papuwa
    Tsuritama

P.S. It's great to see a Baby Boomer posting on the forums to counterbalance the Millennials

9. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Like One Punch Man, Space Dandy and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo(almost forgot about that one).

10. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

I hope you enjoy yourself here!

I suggest watching all of the titles @Vladnyx listed, even the ones @KnowMeFrom 'weeded' out. For example, Trinity Seven may not have any actual nudity, but it's one of my favorite harems. Plus, it's got boob physics, and what more could you ask for?

Now, I'd normally list a number of ecchi anime here, but they pretty much covered all of the bases. Or, at least, all of the bases that have decent-good shows on them. Plus, I figured you oversold the pervert bit.

You should definitely watch Samurai Champloo if you're a Bebop fan.
    This one might be a stretch, but Durarara! had the same.. urban essence (..?) of Bebop. Plus, the intertwining plots and varying perspectives by episode. It's comedy was pretty natural and entertaining, pardon MC.
    Baccano! was pretty good, for the same reasons above.. except it had better comedy.
    Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless had an unbelievably smooth flowing comedy.
    NHK ni Youkoso! had a 'unique' comedy.
    Detroit Metal City was pretty fucking funny.
    I know @KnowMeFrom noted it's distastefulness, but Prison School has a type of comedy you'd be hard pressed to find in anime, but you'd easily find in hentai. By that measure, it's got a unique comedy. Plus, I found it to be amazing.
    (lightning round, go!)
    Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
    Arakawa Under the Bridge
    Nichijou
    Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
    The World God Only Knows
    Great Teacher Onizuka (classic)
    My Bride Is a Mermaid! (classic)
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    Ouran Highschool Host Club (classic)
    The Devil is a Part Timer
    Sakamoto desu ga?
    Yamada and the Seven Witches
    (end)

That's where my memory halts me -- these ones stood out for one reason or another (most are there probably because I watched them recently), but they're all good watches.

Looking at the list now, I seem to have completely forget about listing titles similar to Bebop, kek.

EDIT: I might be adding a few titles here or there, I don't have the best memory.

#10 Ddos_Dragon, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  11. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Only now do I see that he never asked for recommendations.

Regardless, welcome.

12. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So far as the pervert bit goes, I also like hentai.
    Find most of them lacking in character development or boring. There are a limited number of ways to perform pleasant to unpleasant sex acts.
    Some are interesting and some actually have a bit of originality or actual humor.
    Anime has more of both, I assume, because of a more broad-based acceptance making it more marketable.
    Like Samurai Champloo. Have it recorded and will binge-watch again (third time) at next opportunity.
    Liked Durarara!, but missed a few episodes and gave up.
    Getting old and memories are getting hazy. Can only remember most recent viewings.
    Just remembered Soul Eater. LOVED that one for the simple artistic style.
    Appreciate all the help.