Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Hell Girl Anime TV Series Listed in July by Retailers

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Japanese retailers Tsutaya and Honya Club list a Kessakusen Kachōfūgetsu volume of Miyuki Etoo's Hell Girl (Jigoku Shōjo) manga in March. According to the listing, the volume bundles a booklet of production designs for a "new anime series of Hell Girl [starting] to air in July." The manga volume compiles popular chapters from Etoo's manga adaptation of the earlier anime.
    [​IMG]
    Stories in the Hell Girl franchise usually begin with bullied or tormented people accessing the Hell Correspondence website, allowing them to submit a request to eliminate the person tormenting them. It is then that Ai Enma, the titular Hell Girl, appears, and gives these people a doll that, once pulled, sends their tormentor to Hell, where Enma and her companions proceed to enact karmic torment on the doomed person. The catch is that the person who originally sent the request will be sent to hell as well.

Studio DEEN debuted the first Hell Girl television anime series in 2005. The series received two subsequent television anime sequels in 2006 and 2008, as well as a live-action television series adaptation in 2006. The anime also received the manga adaptation by Etoo, as well as two other manga adaptations named Shin Jigoku Shōjo (New Hell Girl) in 2009, and Jigoku Shōjo Enma Ai Selection Geki Kowa Story (Hell Girl: Enma Ai Selection, Super Scary Story) in 2014.

Funimation released the first series on DVD in North America in 2007. Sentai Filmworks released Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, the second season, on DVD in 2010. Sentai Filmworks also released Hell Girl: Three Vessels, the third season, in the same year on DVD. Del Rey published seven out of nine volumes of the first Hell Girl manga.

The franchise inspired a stage play last November.​

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Hahaha god I'm good. @Kaede July confirmed more than just my speculation. @Vladnyx you're a little late, we've already been discussing this but who cares?
    More Hell Girl was a great surprise to wake up to this morning. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it. @Noobs are you ready for more?

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Yup @Supernatural-Knight I apologize to being so bloody late with everything this week. This was actually news to me & I was gonna tag you about it. Just got to late into my night to do so. This should make for a good watch.​

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Its okay, you're forgiven for that other amazing post which linked me to so many old anime to watch.

It better make for a very good watch. I want emotions to run high again in this show. Make me both love and hate the characters that are sent to hell, feel sorry for those that have to resort to the hell site. I simply can't wait even though I know how close it is.

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the forgiveness @Supernatural-Knight. Just glad I could make your day. If it sticks to it's roots it'll make for a good watch. Won't be long and this'll be off my planning list. Geez texting is kind of a pain. Oh before I forget have you begun watching any of those relics?​

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    why did this not show in my notifications.

a new season of hell girl wont hurt. i only have one request for the next season. at least have tsumugi appear again may be she be an old hag or not.

7. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Yay! For this, I write in red! Thanks for the tag @Supernatural-Knight
    Now, the sad part is, I did memorize Ai's quotes in Japanese. I've forgotten most so in her honour, I shall! Ippen, shinde miru! :)

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm not sure if I want Tsugumi to appear myself, I loved the dynamic between her and Hajime in S1 but after that they pretty much said their relationship went to hell. I am a little afraid to think what may have happened between them. What if ultimately she sends him to hell? I don't want to think it is possible but maybe. I'm fine with whatever they do though as long as there is sufficient Ai screen time. Oh and I want everyone else back too since I loved them as supporting cast/tormenters, their backstories made them all so damn likeable. Doubt that includes the weird little girl Kikuri though [I had to look her up for the name, that has to mean I don't like her].

@Kaede

Also Noobs, I just found out that Ai Enma is voiced by School Rumble's Yakumo, well then....

9. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I actually had that as my ringtone for a while.

10. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    all the more reason to have her back if thats the case. having a backstory of their fall out. an episode of her in retirement house telling her stories of her encounter with hell girl. kikuri can go to hell. that character was a "lets put a brat to make it funny but gone bad". enma would pretty much have her screen time when the ribbon is pulled. its mostly about the story of the clients and what pushed them to make the contract.

what a great find there. they both have the same characteristic of not talking much xD.