Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

New Ghost In The Shell Anime Will Have 2 Seasons

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Production I.G. USA president Maki Terashima-Furuta revealed during an interview with the Nuke the Fridge Gaming YouTube channel at this year's Comic-Con International: San Diego in July that the upcoming new anime based on Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell manga will have two 12-episode seasons. Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) will direct one of the seasons, while Shinji Aramaki(Appleseed) is directing the other.

The release date of the anime has not yet been announced.

Production I.G previously produced Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shelland Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence films in 1995 and 2004, respectively, as well as the 2002 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex television anime and its TV sequel, original video anime (OVAs), and film. In 2013, Production I.G adapted the material into the Ghost in the Shell Arise prequel OVA, which it later remixed into a television series. Most recently, the studio debuted Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie in 2015 and the Ghost in the Shell VR Diver smartphone video in 2017.

Dark Horse Comics and later Kodansha Comics published Shirow's original 1991 manga and its sequels in North America.

Dreamworks and Paramount's live-action film adaptation starring Scarlett Johansson opened in the United States in March 2017, and opened in Japan in April 2017.