Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice New Anime Page Layout

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    This is the new anime page layout thread. I deleted the other thread about feedback for the AoT and Haganai pages because we are not accepting feedback on any additional changes to the way the pages look, the development stage is over. As previously mentioned when a version 2.0 of the theme is started the community will be included in its development.

This thread is an introduction to the new anime page layout and to answer any questions.

Changes coming soon:
    1. Fix additional broken links in the Navigation and Our Content sidebars.
    2. Add sidebar menu for genre / themes listings (like on homepage but more detailed).
    3. Carry over homepage footer to the anime pages.
    4. Add improved comment box.
    5. Fix possible bug with navibar in Firefox.
    6. Pagination for larger series.

Here's how the new layout works.
    http://www.dubtopia.eu/Haganai-Next

Image 1.
    [​IMG]

Image 2.
    [​IMG]

1. Navibar
    Same as homepage. The remainder of the missing links will be worked on once the anime entries are taken care of.

2. Logo
    Redirects you to homepage.

3. Title and Image
    Self explanatory.

4. Information
    Lists the Type, Episodes, Status, Aired Info, Producers, Genres, Duration and Rating of the anime from MAL.

5. Navigation
    All the links are pretty self explanatory. These serve as additional detailed navigation outside of the header navibar that helps serve your typical anime watcher with relevant topics of interest.

6. Plot
    Plot from MAL.

7. Our Content
    Random Anime - Loads a random anime page.
    Streaming Problems - Help page for common issues encountered while streaming.
    Request Anime - Directs to forum anime request section.
    Report Broken Video - Directs to forum broken video section.
    Upload Video - Coming soon, a submission section for volunteer uploaders wishing to contribute.

8. Buttons
    More Info - Placeholder to the anime's corresponding review page formally on DTR.
    Download - Link to the anime's download thread.
    Report - More visible report button.

9. Episodes
    These are the embedded videos held in separate tabs by episode. The first tab is a splash screen image of the anime. The video players will NOT load unless one of the numbered episode tab is clicked. Once the tab is clicked, the players will load and then you must click play like any other site. Both hosts will be present in each tabbed episode, like on JustDubs, the video players are not separated by their own individual tabs. There is a fade in and out so the current video player stops playing if the tab is switched. Theme 2.0 will likely apply a pagination system towards splitting the episodes into separate pages, each episode having multiple tabs per alternate source. Both methods have short page loading.

10. Genres and Themes
    These genres and themes are used from anidb since they're more descriptive. These are the tags for the taxonomy/terms and are used to automatically categorize anime on the site by theme to better serve viewers looking for a certain type of show to watch.

11. Comment
    Default, guest posting enabled, comment system with math captcha. I dislike its look and functionality so a new comment system will likely replace it soon.

That should be it. Keep in mind the details of the post. Some links in the sidebars and header navibar will not be functional while we work on implementing the new layout to our anime page. It should take us a few days to get rid of the WordPress shortcode from the imported anime articles and apply our new layout.

If I've forgotten something or you have a question, feel free to post.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    A few days!? You sure have been working fast on this!! Cannot wait for the finish product!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still think "10" should be put up there with "4" to replace the "Genre" line in 4. I don't see a point in repeating the genre portion.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The genre portion in the information section is for the quick over view of the show. The themes / genres renamed from "tags" is actually what categorizes anime on the site by genre.

5. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your hardwork to change DT.
    Now, I noticed that 3 ×3 eyes had Uploadc and Firedrive (former Putlocker) before changing new page layout , but after this , it lacks of Firedrive. What happened ? I think it might be due to the some problem occurred while changing new page layout.
    I think it seems that "Hack // Legend the Twilight and 009-1 correspond to the similar cases . Will it continue to occur the same cases ?

http://www.dubtopia.eu/3x3-eyes

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Obviously if it is missing the mirror it was broken and will be fixed later.

7. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your quick reply. I understood and will wait for being fixed them patiently.