Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Negima Spinoff Manga UQ Holder! Gets Anime

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by Vladnyx, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This year's 30th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Ken Akamatsu's UQ Holder! manga is getting an anime adaptation.

The issue is also revealing that the manga will change magazines from Weekly Shōnen Magazine to Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine. Kodansha publishes Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine once a month. UQ Holder! is going on a break starting with the 30th issue of Weekly Shōnen Magazine, and will debut in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in its November issue on October 9.
    [​IMG]
    UQ Holder! is set in the world of Akamatsu's Negima! manga, and takes place years after the earlier manga. The story centers on a boy named Touta who dreams of leaving his small town and moving to the city. However, he must first defeat his teacher, the immortal Evangeline.

Akamatsu launched UQ Holder! in Weekly Shōnen Magazine in Japan in August 2013. Kodansha will publish the 11th compiled volume on July 15, and the 12th volume on November 17. A limited edition of the 12th volume will bundle a "Negima! Box" that will include a booklet and as-yet unspecified merchandise.

Kodansha Comics publishes the manga in English, and it will publish the eighth volume in July.​

2. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    @Supernatural-Knight I don't know what to think of this, probably gonna be ruined like the original series

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Negi-Springfield I'm honestly not sure what I think. Every time I'm scrolling through manga and see that title it interests me a little....
    I may watch it depending on what I hear about it. I watch just about everything as long as it isn't a direct sequel, which this isn't[?] I hope. I guess it really depends though, it doesn't even have a release date or a PV since it is just an announcement so I'll wait for more info before deciding.

4. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    @Supernatural-Knight It's kind of a sequel, it happens 100 years after Negima.
    But I was told you didn't need to have read Negima.

It stars Negi's grandson and his vampire of a teacher.

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Negi-Springfield a sequel after 100 years huh? I'm okay with this probably even with spoilers about the series since the anime didn't adapt what you wanted from it anyway. A grandson, that works I guess. After 100 years you'd expect a great grandson or something usually but oh well.

I'll just wait for the PV before I make any definite plans to watch, chances are I'd change my mind a lot in the meantime anyway.