Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Feedback My First Experience At Justdubs

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Brave-Fan, May 21, 2017.

1. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I know currently Justdubs by FB and twitter, Justdubs is experiencing technical difficulties.

For that reason , Justdubs is not easy to be connected and unstable currently.

And then, when I access Justdubs ,I see the notice below.

"Checking your browser before accessing justaniemeforumnet.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds…"(IE and Chrome).

I have not seen above notice while searching. According to FB, it in not by using ddos protector, after all I feel uneasy.

What does it mean above notice ?
    What does it mean "technical difficulties"? 

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    There was some vulnerability issues in the server before Kiri and Keiichi left. We never had any problems with user security or confidentiality this was more of an issue with lingering server security. This was something that was never addressed because we couldn't seek help from anyone in the community and would have to opt to hiring someone to tackle any problems. And considering we frequently askt eh community for donations to support the site something of this nature is not feasible. We're soon bringing on a new staff member to help us with information security on the server. We have deployed an extra layer of security on our sites. Including rate limiting rules, javascript challenges (to any IPs that have presented red flags in the last two weeks and any IPs that do not come from USA, Canada, UK and Australia), and this page that you mentioned:

[​IMG]

This is a javascript challenge that is essentially an integrity check. A myriad of sites use this including other popular anime sites. This page is an extra layer of security to prevent unwanted access or abuse in our server. Usually once your IP is verified as non-threatening then the integrity checks stop. If you present any suspicious activity, lots of failed login attempts or trying to make 30 requests to the site in under a minute, then your browser will be checked again and may possibly be blocked from accessing our server for up to 1 minute.

So in short, the steps taken to implement these new features make our site as a whole safer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Dear Mr. Soradic, Thanks for answering.
    I am grateful for being solved my worry.
    Please go for it from now on.

4. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Can I call you this, now? @Sporadic

• Like Like x 1