Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Most difficult boss?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Timekeeper, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Okay so recently (a few hours ago) my frustration got the better of me and my controller somehow ended up flying at the wall, breaking the battery pack and part of the controller shell while trying to beat the last boss in Dark Souls.

So the question is very simple: which boss in your years of gaming have you had the biggest amount of grief in?

For me, most recently, it'd probably have to be this bastard since he pummeled me into putty quite a number of times

But in overall, a few years ago I ran across a rather annoying boss in Tales of Vesperia, mainly because I had a load of abilities that I didn't know how to use that could easily nuke the boss

2. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    F*** Ornstein and Smough. Just killed them again today on NG+. Still hate them.
    Manus was also a bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I am not remembering very well which bosses were real pricks for me. A recent one though was Xaero from Quake 3 on Nightmare mode.

Yeah, that video illustrates what I went through quite well, at first. I ended up realizing that he followed a specific, though. So all I had to do was camp and wait for him to come to the right spot so I could blast with the rocket launcher.

4. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Pikachu and Snorlax, Super Londo Bros, Fuck This and I Quit. Take your pick
    I only fought them once alone and managed to kick Smough's ass. Then Ornstein made me his bitch

I've never done any of the DLC. Too busy getting my arse kicked by Gwyn with him tanking and tanking me

5. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, when I fought them first time, I thought, "Hey, fatty looks easier to kill first" but then Speary McGee went and did his thing...
    Manus is such a drag. His 6-hit combo got me so much in the beginning until I learned I can block through it with a greatshield rather than trying and failing to dodge. Then of course his magic comes in; the dark rain is worst to dodge, and the dark spray drains so much...

6. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    God
    FUCKING
    DAMNIT

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    That is beautiful.

8. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    It's been a long time since I had a boss that truly gave me grief. I have stayed away from Dark Souls for personal reasons, the main one being that I've never been a fan of anything in the Horror genre. But there is no bosses that have ever really been like those in Final Fantasy. I remember the first time I went up against Sephiroth. I probably died 10 or 15 times before I finally realized that, 1: I didn't level significantly enough to pose much of a threat, 2: Never took the time to find all of the final weapons, and 3: I couldn't figure out his pattern.

Later I play Kingdom Hearts and I find that my Old nemesis has shown himself again. Only this time, He's neigh impossible to defeat. I spent hours upon hours trying to defeat Sephiroth in KH.

9. NeekoWolfie Floofy Wolfie/CM

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    master hand and crazy hand smash bros melee!

10. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Final Fantasy XIII has so many fights that I had to do 20, 30, even 50 times to finally get past. It's one of my favorite games of all time but I never made it even half way through. I watched all the cutscenes on Youtube, same with Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I'll definitely put up another vote for Ornstein and Smough as well, not just because the fight itself is tough but the walk from the bonfire to the boss is probably the longest and most annoying in the game having to either run past the giants and black knight archer or fight them. I've beat Ornstein and Smough several times, but every time I fight them it takes at least 100 losses before I finally get 1 win. There have been times where I spent more than 5 hours in a row fighting them, getting back to the boss room and fighting them again, only to end up turning the game off out frustration and not playing again for weeks. To this day I have always beat Ornstein first, as powered up Ornstein with the lightning armor is much harder to beat than powered up Smough, at least for me.

but that all pales into comparison to Elana the Squalid Queen from Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. This absolute wretch took months for me to beat and almost turned Dark Souls 2 from one of my favorite games to one of my least favorite. It must have taken me hundreds of tries to finally beat her as I used up at least 30-40 human effigies, and I only used them once my health couldn't go any lower. I really hate the loss of 5% of your health every time you die in this game, it makes Dark Souls look easy especially since humanity is much easier to come across than human effigies. Anyway when Elana summons Velstadt its basically automatic death no matter what I went back and changed my build too or what magic I used it was hopeless. Finally I tried my now favorite weapon the Ice Rapier +5 and used Crystal Magic Weapon on it and suddenly her health went down fairly quickly and I just kept stabbing her and taking damage from her attacks while the npc summon got his ass kicked by Velstadt and I won.

Dark Souls games aren't really that hard aside from these two fights and one or two others. I've beaten Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 multiple times each and I'm not great at games.