Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Monogatari Series' Hanamonogatari Delayed Until August 16

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, May 14, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The official website for the Monogatari Series Second Season anime announced on Tuesday that the Hanamonogatari (Flower Story) anime has been delayed from its planned premiere on May 31 "due to production issues." Instead of debuting on May 31 and running for five straight weeks, all five episodes will premiere in a marathon on Saturday, August 16.

The anime will debut first on the Tokyo MX TV station on August 16 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., followed by the BS11 channel and the Niconico streaming service later that evening. Instead of the Hanamonogatari anime itself, character commentaries from the earlier Blu-ray Disc and DVD releases will premiere on television on May 31 and run for five straight weeks. Fans can vote for which character commentaries will air.

Michiko Neya (Shaman King's Tao Jun, The Familiar of Zero F's Aniesse) and Kana Asumi (Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream's Aira, Nyaruko: Crawling with Love!'s titular character) will join the cast as Tooe Kanbaru and Rōka Numachi, respectively. Miyuki Sawashiro and Kaori Mizuhashi will return to play their characters Suruga Kanbaru and Ougi Oshino.

Tomoyuki Itamura is directing Hanamonogatari, while Akiyuki Shinbo is acting as chief director and series script supervisor along with Fuyashi Tou. Akio Watanabe is designing the characters based on VOFAN's illustrations for NisiOisin's original novel. Watanabe, Nobuhiro Sugiyama, and Taisuke Iwasaki are also serving as chief animation directors at SHAFT. Satoru Kousaki is handling the music.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Haha this is great news, a postponement, a bloody postponement I don't believe it, hahaha. @mafiacow how is this for good news, I guess there is even less of a reason for me to quickly finish watching this. I have another 2 and a half months to finish monogatari second season before this starts. More great news for me is that it is only 5 episodes, bad news is that they are being marathoned so I won't have a week break between each, damn it.

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    It's terrible.
    I just wanted to watch my lesbians.

4. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight Believe it or not, I do actually find this to be good news. More time to get through SS, given that my exams and stuff are coming up too. Though, I would have liked to watch at least one Monogatari in a week-by-week-as-it-airs style...