Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Metal Gear Solid V to have microtransactions

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Heizengard, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    An Italian PlayStation Store pre-order page for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain reveals the presence of microtransactions in Konami's upcoming stealth game.

The line "Acquisti in-game opzionali," which roughly translates to "optional in-game purchases," confirms suspicions first raised by a few recent previews of The Phantom Pain.

IGN's own Jose Otero also noticed room for what could be microtransactions when hepreviewed The Phantom Pain last month.

At one point in The Phantom Pain demo, according to Otero, attempting to speed up development on Mother Base resulted in the following prompt: "Reduced time features cannot be used in offline mode."

Word of the same in other previews has some Metal Gear Solid fans worried, especially in light of Konami's focus on mobile games, an announcement that was heavily publicized last month.

The Phantom Pain uses the same in-game currency system as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, called Gross Military Product, or GMP. Similar to Peace Walker, GMP is used in The Phantom Pain to build up your base.

Speculation says that the PSN requirement, combined with the reveal of "optional in-game purchases" on the game's store page, could indicate the use of real money for certain features relating to Mother Base, like buying GMP, but nothing has officially been confirmed by Konami.

For now, we've reached out to Konami for clarification and will report back as soon as we have more information.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...nt page)&utm_content=14&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Thanks to @RenNya for sending me this ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  2. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    OK then. Konami, wait until moving to mobile before pulling Farmville crap.

3. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Farmville, the assassin creed time saver packs, and now this.....

4. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Is it bad that I don't care? Or, at the very least, I find it very hard to care. And that's not because I don't love Metal Gear Solid and absolutely abhor micro-transactions in full price, big budget games, because I do. But Konami has given up on Silent Hill, Castlevania, and MGS. They've practically given up on making video games. They're more concerned, and have been mostly concerned, with pachinko machines and mobile games. So, at this point, I just don't expect anything from Konami and I don't care about anything from Konami. I care about their IPs, but the Konami that made Super Castlevania IV or Silent Hill 2 is not the Konami of today. And, regardless of the IP, if the publisher isn't supporting it and is, instead, just churning out cynical installments to serve as cash-ins on heritage and well known IPs, it's just too much effort to care about anything Konami does, these days.