Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Media Changes

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    From now on there is no media admin and media moderators. Just like the JD News and Events it is now JD Media. everyone in this role have equal permissions and abilities.

Since we added two new media people the media posting has also changed. We added a couple new topics and changed around who is posting what.

Weekly Puzzle - @BK-201
    JustDubs Field Trip - @BK-201
    AMVs of the Week / Month- @Miss Elegent Serenity
    Otaku Problems - @Miss Elegent Serenity
    Oh Japan - @Keiichi-Morisato
    Japanese Culture - @Keiichi-Morisato
    Caption This - @Heizengard
    Japanese Snacks / Cuisine - @Heizengard

From now on there is no set day in which you need to post your media articles. But you must post each of your articles once a week.

Keiichi and Heizen. For the time being just post your stuff on the forum. In the next few days after I gauge your posting and make sure you're on schedule I will send you the how2 stuff for posting the media articles on the Drupal end of the website.

2. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    @Sporadic Would it be possible for me to swap the weekly puzzle for Japanese food please?

Also, I'd like to propose another feature that could be done fortnightly Japanese Folktales. I've been doing some as part of Japanese Culture but I think it would be better to have a separate feature.

#2 BK-201, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I already have Heizen set up with that. Would you prefer doing Mythology and Folklore once a week instead of every two weeks? I was going to start making more media topics depending on how well everyone was dealing with their posting schedule. So if you keep up with those three we could potentially start doing more.

Also, for Mythology and Folklore and Japanese Cuisine they should fall under Japanese Culture posts on the Drupal end of the site. Just make it like

Mythology and Folklore: 'Title'
    Japanese Culture: 'Title'

4. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    If we add in mythology as well as folktales then I can see it working on a weekly basis, I'm fine with that.

Just to confirm, you want me to do:
    1. Weekly Puzzle (guess the anime)
    2. Field Trip
    3. Mythology and Folklore

I have an idea for the puzzle but I'll have to check if technically possible first.

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    You got it :)

6. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    @Sporadic I noticed that Ella is making Weekly Puzzle posts on the FB page. Do you want me to use the same ones or make different ones for the forum/media pages?

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    This was before I changed the schedule. It's all up to you now to post them and then she will post them on FB.