Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Maybe I will start to read Manga

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by VeritasOdiumParit, Feb 16, 2017.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    So, I have checked out two different horror manga's that I would like to read. One is called 'Doubt' the other is called 'Online - The Comic'. I also plan on getting round to reading Excel Saga and the Kingdom Hearts manga. I find reading them online isn't as enjoyable as holding a physical copy of the books in my hand. All in all, I think I may check out these manga's as I have pretty much come to a halt with anime.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @VeritasOdiumParit I find myself quite often thinking this. You know most anime comes from somewhere, usually being a manga so I think I should check out some as well. But I lose interest in them even faster than I do in anime so I wish you good luck. Can't say I've heard of those horror manga but that doesn't mean much coming from me.

I do agree with you that having a physical copy is much better than reading online, for some reason there is a big difference.

3. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I used to read a lot of manga so here's my 2 cents:
    It's not worth buying them, you read them within two hours and they cost $13 each (although my currency went down, so it may be even worse).
    When compared to light novels which take a lot longer to read are are about $8 as e books or $12 as paperbacks.

If you have a local nerd shop you go to a lot anyway, it's worth talking to the owner to see when he can buy stuff at a discount.
    By nerd shop, I mean card shop (MTG, Pokemon, manga, figures, tabletop games, and whatnot).

The next part might seem weird, but bear in mind, I read a lot and that here in Canada, I have easy access to both the American and European market.

I seem to recall your French is pretty good?
    French don't translate Light novels, but damn, do we love our comics and mangas.
    It's worth checking if there's a series you wanna read, but isn't translated in English yet.

For instance Ubel Blatt has been fully translated for years in French whereas volume zero was recently translated in English.

Back when I was reading a lot, I noticed stuff got translated faster in French (by about a month).

Also, I can name at least four huge translating companies (and there are a ton of smaller ones), so it drives the price down.

All that to say, I read my manga in French and my novels in English.

Weren't you the one who told me not to read anime this morning? (It was probably yesterday for you).

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    That certainly sounds like something I'd say. It is circumstantial for me as action and comedy, you know all that sort of stuff doesn't do well to impress me when nothing moves and you can't hear the characters.
    Meanwhile I found drama to be a much more interesting read since desperate faces are still present without missing anything else vital. Horror does this well too. I think those would be the genres I stick to if I started reading more, in the beginning at least.

5. Phazon I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I would say give it a try.

The best points about manga is that it's drawn by the original artists, not a studio so you get the original concept.

Manga also continues on when the anime stops, for example, Blue Exorcist anime finishes at the end of kyoto arc, but there are some major twists if you continue the manga
    Shima is really a double agent of the illuminati, led by their leader luficer, one of Satan's other sons

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Horror manga you say?

[​IMG]