Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Majora's Mask gets a 3DS remake!!

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by VeritasOdiumParit, Nov 5, 2014.

1. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    This time, it's actually true!! From Nintendo Direct!!

See the trailer here:

Also, there is a special edition!! (basically a steelbook, pin badge and poster).

2. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I need it now. Majora's Mask = Best Zelda game.

3. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Wooooooo!~!~!~ I haven't played Majora's Mask despite buying it a couple of years ago, but I am hype for this!~

4. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Majora's Mask is pretty great. Glad to see it being brought to 3DS. Bringing old cartridge games (pre-Gamecube/PS1) to newer systems, so long as the port is good, sounds great to me. It allows for younger generations and people who don't have access to older consoles a chance to play the game. That being said, I probably won't be picking it up for the same reason I didn't pick up Ocarina of Time 3D, I already own it and a functioning N64, plus playing the games on the old console just gets me on a nostalgia high. =P

On a side note: I found this video the other day. I think it brings up some interesting and somewhat convincing points. Though I'm not sure that I'm 100% convinced, the idea certainly is thought-provoking.

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    The official release date for Majora's Mask 3DS will be February 13th. Here is a trailer for the game:

6. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
  7. Cman131 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Got it. I just started playing it and there are some minor changes. Like how the bomber code varies now! Or is at least different.
    Keeping that memorized over the years didn't pay off :D

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    No Majora's Mask mention can go without this proper tribute

Lengthy video, but quite entertaining when in the mood :)

I feel like I posted this before...?

I like Majora's Mask but always got stuck in the water temple part where you have to find the eggs. I keep resorting to a guide unfortunately. I love the fact that you can fight the bosses again. Shame there were so few of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cman131 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised Ben Drowned wasn't brought up earlier. Yeah, it kind of is a shame that there aren't more bosses, but the time mechanic and awesome mask hunt easily keep you from noticing.

10. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    That mask changing stuff kind of freaked me out as a kid :eek:

11. Cman131 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah! those change cutscenes. The goron one always freaked me a little, but eventually the zora one started to look like a silly vampire :D

12. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0

That bit is before the Great Bay Temple, that's Gerudo Fortress. That bit was tricky, especially seeing as I was fighting everything as a Zora (didn't realise how much quicker it would have been to use the hookshot).

I have to admit I used a strategy guide online to help me beat the game, seeing as I wanted to collect all the masks and get a better sword as well as the Fierce Deity Mask. Plus, it took me ages to always collect fairies from the temples as I would normally miss a fairy by accident, and beat the boss with only a limited time remaining, or just take too long trying to reach a certain fairy if they were in a hard to reach place.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game. The gameplay was good, graphics obviously good, soundtrack obviously amazing, and the storyline amazing.

I haven't purchased the 3DS remake yet, as I am still sorting a lot of things out in my life atm. And depending on how things go I will either get the game to celebrate, or get it out of pitying myself. (I haven't even finished playing Pokemon OmegaRuby yet, as I just haven't been motivated/haven't found enough time).