Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Lupin III: Part IV Anime's English Dub Premiere Listed at Katsucon

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The Guidebook for Maryland anime convention Katsucon is listing the English dub premiere of Lupin III: Part IV for the 2017 convention. The screening will be held on Saturday, February 18 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST.

Richard Epcar, the voice of Daisuke Jigen from Lupin III: Part II, returned to direct the English dub along with Ellyn Stern. Tony Oliver (Arsene Lupin III), Lex Lang (Goemon Ishikawa), and Michelle Ruff (Fujiko Mine) also returned from Part II. Doug Erholtz is replacing Jake Martin as Zenigata.
    [​IMG]
    Discotek Media plans to release the series on home video with the dubin 2017.

Lupin III: Part IV, the first Lupin III television anime series in three decades to star the titular character, premiered in Japan in October 2015, after first premiering as Lupin III - L'avventura Italiana on Italian television in August 2015. Crunchyroll streamed the series beginning in January.

The story of the new series takes place in Italy and San Marino, and it features a blue-jacketed Lupin in his 20s. The series open with an invitation to Lupin's wedding to a new character named Rebecca (played by Yukiyo Fujiiin the Japanese version).

Franchise veteran Kazuhide Tomonaga (key animator on Lupin the 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo and Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, particularly the iconic car chase) served as chief director, and Yuichiro Yano (Moyashimon, Francesca, Mujin Wakusei Survive, Patapata Hikōsen no Bōken) directed at Telecom Animation Film. Writer Yuuya Takahashi (Donten ni Warau, Tiger & Bunny, Lupin the IIIrd: Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone) wass in charge of the series scripts. The franchise's veteran composer Yuji Ohno again composed the series' music, including the ending theme song by enka singer Sayuri Ishikawa.

Katsucon will take place at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center from February 17-19.​

2. Dan Wolfear20 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Is this series worth watching for someone who has never seen Lupin III before, or should I watch this whole classic from the beginning.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    This is a tough question to answer. I watched it but I have seen Part 1 and The Castle os Cagliostro. I think it is fine to watch as long as you know who the existing characters are and their rough relations/ personalities. I actually enjoyed 2015 more than part 1, could have been because it was interesting how they still made him relevant in todays technological society or it could have been I enjoyed the stupidity of it more than the original.

Obviously I can't speak for the rest of the franchise, there are a lot of episodes and movies overall that I haven't got around to watching yet.