Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Lupin III (2015)

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Lupin III (2015)

[​IMG]

Lupin will be starring as the main character in this upcoming series set to take place in Italy and San Marino.​

Well this technically started in Japan recently as well, but the first 4 eps were uploaded somehow weeks ago with their Japanese audio instead of the italian. I've only seen the first episode so far but what does everyone think of the Italian opening? Personally I really like it, can't explain why but I do, perhaps because it is a bit catchy.
    Being located in Italy is also an interesting change but of course the largest comes with the arrival of a brand new cast member.
    What are everyones thoughts so far?

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    So far I have only seen the first eps yet I found myself to really enjoy it. The animation felt lively right from the start which I wasn't expecting. As normal we get to see Lupin go after another rare treasure in a rather scrupulous way set in Italy in the city of San Marino. Were even introduced to a new character named Rebecca who I hope we get to see recur again an maybe be a main character later on. This women is cleaver,young,spirited, and a die hard adrenaline junkie who gives even Lupin a run for his buck. This eps was simply great. I felt lead but knew it would lead to misdirection because iv'e watched Lupin before yet I was unable to foresee what was going to happen next which made it even better. Must say I have some rather high hopes as this series progresses alone. My only wish is that it doesn't remain strictly in San Marino/Italy and it moves around to other regions/countries as well as keeping a good plot and fun dynamic atmosphere. Would go so far as to wish for some Detective Conan time and Magic Kaito to make entrance. That wish however I know is a long shot but hey I can wish so why not.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I think Rebecca is an interesting addition, she seems sweet enough but that list of accomplishments instantly made me wary. But then again that is how most of Lupin's eps go.
    I still haven't watch ep 2 yet but I'm guessing the whole thing will occur in Italy. I'm basing this on it being streamed with an Italian dub in Italy a season earlier than Japan.

I'd like to see a bit more characterisation from this instalment, episodic shows are fine and all but without the right combination they can feel like the same thing repeated a few times. That can get old which probably explains me rating S1 of this show a 6.

4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Personally I found Rebecca to be a very likable character and addition to the shows cast. I should have taken better notice of her list of accomplishments. But her oh so sweet playful demeanor totally threw me so I over looked it about right up until the end. I'm in the same position as you are. Iv'e also not watched ep 2 yet. And I hadn't a clue it was streamed in Italy a full season ahead of Japan.

As much as it pains me (i'll obviously still watch the show in it's entirety) the whole thing will occur and take place in Italy. Still I may totally be alright with this if things play out properly. Bit more characterisation wouldn't hurt the show's installment an help prevent that feeling of being a bunch of repeated eps. Still from a standpoint perspective I was rather impressed by this first ep. Can't wait to find the time over the weekend to watch ep 2.

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Just polished off the 2nd episode today. I'll just go through a quick run down. We have a Professional footballer player (Soccer not actual American Football) who has a dilemma. This player is being blackmailed into throwing a Championship match thus he reaches out to Lupin and the gang to get the evidence that can ruin his career. Still the setting all takes place in Italy again which makes sense because Italy is so big on Soccer. Also happen to see Lupin sport playing a game of chess a few times which is characteristic board game played in Italy. In short a enjoyable watch, but logic lowered this episodes rating for me. Just found episode 1 to be a better watch. Would like to go into more depth but best not to spoil anything. If I could only figure out how the insert spoiler worked but I just don't get it.