Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Love Live! Sunshine's Character Profiles, Story, Images Unveiled

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Mark Denn, May 1, 2015.

1. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    New group name to be determined through reader surveys
    The official website for the Love Live! Sunshine project unveiled the characters and story on Thursday. The characters, along with the announced cast, include:

[​IMG]
    Anju Inami as Chika Takami: Youngest of three sisters, a fan of μ's, and the leader of her school idol unit. Her family runs an inn, which boasts an open air bath with a view of the sea. A second year student.

Hello! I'm Chika Takami, and I'm a second-year student in Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy in Uchiura, which is right here at Suruga Bay in Shizuoka prefecture. At first, being an idol seemed like a world so far away from us living in the countryside, so we thought we should give up before we tried. But school idol group μ's taught me that if you don't give up your dreams will come true. Everyone might laugh, but I'm serious about this. I want to get even just a little bit closer to the shining μ's I look up to so much. Obviously I know it's probably a really rash thing to do, but... I've really got nothing to lose by trying. Because Honoka said if you don't try anything nothing will start, we daringly took the first step.
    [​IMG]

Rikako Aida as Riko Sakurauchi: A second year who originally lived in Akihabara, Tokyo, but transferred to Uchiura. A plain girl, with a withdrawn personality. Good at art, and prefers the indoors. She became a school idol due to Chika's influence.

I'm Riko Sakurauchi, a second year at Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy. I just transferred schools from the city, but really I'm an ordinary high school girl with a quiet personality. How many times have I said that? Chika didn't really believe that, and she pulled me into this whole thing until, before I knew it, I became a school idol. Which is why I don't really have confidence that I'll make it as an idol, but if I could get just a little stronger to to help everyone who is relying on me, even just a little bit, that'd be okay for me. The first time I came to this school in the middle of orange country, it was surprise after surprise, but I've really come to like it here. Everyone gave me this really special place, and my dream is to make their dreams happen. I feel like I first learned that way of doing things when I came here.
    [​IMG]

Nanaka Suwa as Kanan Matsuura: A third year who lives with and runs a diving store with her grandfather on a nearby island. She is childhood friends with Chika, and became a school idol to help her with her plans.

I'm Kanan Matsuura. I'm in third year high school, and I help out at our family's diving shop at the beach here in Uchiura. Uchiura prides itself on its green mountains, blue seas, sky as far as they eye can see, dazzling sunlight and white clouds. Just looking at that beautiful scenery every day is enough to make me happy. Ah, but to add to that, there's also my close childhood friend... wait, I wonder if Chika will be mad if I put that in? Hehe. My childhood friend Chika's worrisome personality is a little immature, but her incredible cheerfulness and quirky way of thinking makes her stand out. I think she's up to something weird again lately. Anyway, while I'm being swept up by the waves, without thinking of anything I just swim straight ahead, and my mind just becomes really empty. Well, for now, I just feel like I should be helping my cute childhood friend's plan. Weird, isn't it?
    [​IMG]

Arisa Komiya as Dia Kurosawa: A second-year girl hailing from a well-known local clan. Became student council president as a matter of course. Prideful and cool. In her profile, she mentions that Chika will regret putting her in her team, as she is not the kind of person who accepts defeat. The word Dia means "diamond" in the Japanese language.

The truth is that it would be impossible to see me involved in such a shameful act as being a school idol, it's just that I lost a contest. And they have my younger sister as a hostage, too. So I have decided to join Love Live!. However, more than just participating, I will accept nothing less than total victory. After all, it's not becoming for a daughter of the Kurosawa family to have two failures. I'll make you regret making me a member. Prepare yourself, Chika. Fufu.
    [​IMG]

Shuka Saitō as Yō Watanabe: A first year and high diver skilled enough to be on the national team. Likes business attire. Dreams of captaining her own ferry.

I'm Yō Watanabe, Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, Class 1, number 26. My special skills are high diving and weather forecasts. My signature move is a reverse three and a half tucked somersault! That's all!!! ...wait that's bad, but I can't say anything else about me! What do I do? Maybe I'm not cut out to be an idol after all. Um, I guess I do daily exercises and running, and I want to follow in my father's footsteps and be a ferry captain. Hmm, I wonder if this is fine? Man, I'm way not used to the way idols introduce themselves, but oh well! I actually found singing and dancing pretty fun when I tried them, and playing as a team is fun too! Well then, Yō Watanabe is embarking towards Love Live! Set sail!! Salute!!!
    [​IMG]

Aika Kobayashi as Yoshiko Tsushima: Consistently has bad luck, so she thinks of herself as a demon, though is very prideful in this fact. A second year student born in Numazu City. Hates mikan (citrus unshiu, a variation of orange.) She insists on being called "Johanne" instead of her real name, Yoshiko.

Just from gazing upon Johanne's eyes, you have fallen hopelessly in love. I am Tsuhima YoshikoJohanne, the fallen angel who will send you down to the inferno of love, where the flames burn eternal. Hey, did you know? I'm really a demon. After all, when I go for a walk, it always rains. When it snows, I always trip. I've never won a convenience store raffle in my life. And I got the flu right before finals. This bad luck isn't just coincidence. I feel the anger of god as a sinful fallen angel because I'm far too cute. Well? Why don't you join me and fall from heaven too? I promiseit'll be fun.
    [​IMG]

Kanako Takatsuki as Hanamaru Kunikida: A first year student and daughter of a family that has taken care of a local shrine for generations. Good at singing, and a member of a local choir. Loves to read, and get's dizzy easily.

I never thought I'd be a school idol, but my friend Ruby just won't stop bothering me about it. I think this is what they call destiny, and I'll do my best! I mean, I'm sure if I gathered up all the good things in the world, even if I were reborn, I'd still be having fun together with Ruby. I probably say that because I listen to my grandfather in the temple too much. Ehehe. I was born into a family that takes care of a temple, but I still always think about my books. And that wherever you go and whoever you talk to, in the end, people are all alone. I wish there was at least one person who understood what I felt about that.
    [​IMG]

Aina Suzuki as Mari Ohara: A half-Japanese third year girl whose Italy-based French father manages a chain of Italian-style hotels. She has a bright personality and moves at her own pace.

Huh? Me? An idol? You mean those funny girls who wear uniforms with frills and dance like children!? Oh, excuse me, I didn't mean to demean them. They're very cute. I think the same of Japanese idols. But, for me, I think it's hard. SO HARD. No, I don't feel it's for me. Ahahaha. My favorite music genre is industrial metal. So I'm sorry. If everyone's doing it, I'll support them from afar. Well then, it's time for my horseback riding lessons, so I have to get back home. Ciao~!
    [​IMG]

Ai Furihata as Ruby Kurosawa: A first year who's prone to crying, and has a phobia of men. Dia's younger sister. Sewing is her sole forte.

H-h-h-h-h-h-hello, everyone! M, my name is K-Kurosawa Ruby, and... I--I'm sorry, I was too nervous that I stuttered. Oh, what should I do, what should I do. I don't know anymore. Oh, um, the truth is, I've never talked to a man before apart from my father. That's why I'm really, really bad with boys, but I really, really love idols, and want to be one. I never thought I'd be an idol in all my life, but I won't let this chance slip past me. That's why I'm really nervous today, but I'm going to close my eyes and do my best! I'm really scared right now, but I love everyone. Everyone, please support me!

The June issue of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Magazine also revealed further details about the project on Thursday. In particular, it highlights three "key words."

[​IMG]

Key Word 1: "Reader Participation." By participating, readers will be able to create everything from the story, characters, and development. It is everyone's project, created from and for everyone. This is Dengeki G's Magazine's original plan. The idol group μ's, seen actively in anime and games, were created in this way as well.
    Key Word 2: "Inspired by μ's." Chika Takami is a second-year high school student who admires the idol group μ's, and aspires to be a school idol. As such, the group can be called a sister group of μ's. The group will aim for the same heights that μ's reached. Please await the new heroines created from Dengeki G's Magazine.

Key Word 3: "Seaside Town Setting." The girls live in the coastal town of Uchiura, near Numazu in Shizuoka prefecture. In this town surrounded by mandarin orange plantations at the very tip of a cape, the girls study in Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, whose student body numbers less than 100. To invigorate this small school, the girls choose to become school idols!

The Love Live! Sunshine!! project was first announced in February with a teaser image.

[​IMG]
    In 2010, the anime studio Sunrise, Lantis, and ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G Magazine launchedLove Live! as a self-described "ultimate user-participation project" which lets its fans vote on the future of the fictional idols. A series of music CDs and animated music videos then followed. The members of the project announced in 2012 that an full anime series has been green-lit for the following year. The second season of the anime was announced in June 2013.

Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired in Japan. NIS America announced on Friday last week that it will release the first and second seasons of the anime with an English dub.

A film will premiere in Japan on June 13, and in theaters outside Japan starting in August. NIS America will handle the United States premiere on September 12.