Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Love Live! School idol project Anime Gets All-New Film

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Sir-Maddy, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    The end of the final episode of the second season of the Love Live! School idol project TV anime revealed on Sunday that production on a completely new film for the franchise has been green-lit. The staff of the anime confirmed this over Twitter soon after the episode was broadcast, and added that more information will be posted on the anime's official website at midnight, JST.

The film is the first part of the franchise's fifth anniversary project. The second project will be a "μ's Fan Meeting Tour 2015 ~Anata no Machi de Love Live!~ (Love Live! In Your Town!) event.

In 2010, the anime studio Sunrise, Lantis, and ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G Magazine launched Love Live! as a self-described "ultimate user-participation project" which lets its fans vote on the future of the fictional idols. A series of music CDs and animated music videos then followed. The members of the project announced in 2012 that an full anime series has been green-lit for last year. The second season of the anime was announced last June.

Crunchyroll is streaming the series as it airs in Japan, and NIS America has licensed both seasons for North American release.

2. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Awwww sweeeet~ Still need to catch dat final ep doe... (I wonder if this "free wifi" here would allow me to download my anime... hehe)

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I am excited for this movie and I had heard this before I watched the final ep of the second season. I am curious as to what they'll try doing with it because they did leave open a few options for this.
    By the way @Mafiacow good luck with that last episode.

Although then the sad realisation hit me that it will be at least 6 months until it hits Japanese cinemas [probably more], then it will be at least another 6 months until the DVD comes out. Best case scenario is we get to see this in a years time, damn it I want more now because I know it is coming.

4. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Aych f***ing damnit, why did you have to go and say that??? :'(

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Mafiacow simple, because I wanted to.
    I said it last episode so maybe I'm just screwing with you this time because it worked well last time or perhaps something actually happens.
    Only one way to find out.

6. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I understand this is a bit of a necro-bump, but I couldn't really find any LL threads anywhere

So with that being said, there's a question I've been wanting to ask for a while now that no one seems to answer: where the hell is the movie? I understand that it got released in the US in select theaters (of which there was not a theater anywhere with 100 miles from me >:C ), but where's the digital and physical release? I've been patient, but I'm starting to lose patience with NIS America and them dragging their feet through the dirt to release the goddamn film.

Also, a little birdie told me that LL is supposedly receiving a dub? To be honest, and I'm not one of "those guys", but I don't plan on watching the dub unless it has an all-star cast of voice actresses. So in other words, if Sentai Filmworks picks it up, I'd recommend you watch the sub

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Timekeeper I'll be "that guy" don't watch the dub, it'll be horrendous and of course sub supremacy. More seriously though I hate almost every new dub so if this does [I've heard the rumour, but it could still be wishful thinking instead of fact] I'll never watch it and stick to my subbed DVD copy I have.

Now I'll go into my inner otaku, the movie released in Japanese cinemas back in June. As a rule of thumb there will never be a physical or digital copy [watchable digital copy at least] until the BD/DVD which is typically released 6-ish months later in Japan to begin with. So that brings us to December, which I have good news, I've heard that the Japanese release will be the 15th or 16th, so chances are we will be able to watch this in two weeks time. Considering popularity it should be fan subbed almost immediately
    I hope this helps, but more importantly I hope my info is correct because I'm dying to see this movie already damn it. @Mafiacow shut up for being lucky enough to watch it in cinemas, and you've still not told me about all the merch you got.

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    This.
    Ummm... should I refrain from mentioning that I'm going into the city tomorrow to watch the encore screening?...

9. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Whore, seeing it twice in cinemas with group ambiance before I even get to see a version of it by myself on the small screen. I am insanely jealous. I also miss Maddy, this probably is why I have to use her insult.
    I'll make do with knowing that the DVD is out in 2 days time, I can wait another few days to watch the movie.

More importantly you still haven't said what merch you got for seeing the movie. Why not?

11. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight

That would have been nice to know. I've been biding my time for months just to watch it. With hope some site like CrunchyRoll will release it for streaming

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Timekeeper I meant Japanese DVD release, I don't care how much later the American release is considering that once this goes online it'll be subbed pretty damn quickly [or so I hope]. Like I care for CR streaming it either.
    I posted that it'll be released on the 15th earlier in the thread, now that time fast approaches.

13. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Well, if the Japanese gets released it can get fansubbed. Which makes me a happy camper

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Exactly what I'm waiting for, I've been ready for this for the last few months. I just hope a good fansubber gets on this as quickly as possible instead of one that'll half arse it. What am I saying it is Love Live, of course good fansubbers will pick it up.

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    That's what you get for working!~
    On the topic of @Sir-Maddy , didn't she say she only had Maki as best girl 'cause of reading Nico x Maki doujin?... 'Cause if that's the case, I hope it's fluff, 'cause then I can have another discussioner and source~
    I'm almost tempt to download the raw of the movie when it's released, so I can post (non-spoilery) screencaps at you before it's subbed~

Laziness, mainly. I'll post pics once I get around to QOTD.

16. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    So after many months of waiting, I managed to find a subbed version of the movie, which brought me much joy. But after watching it, it left me with one question...

Did anyone ever explain this? I want an answer so badly because it left me scratching my head for god knows how long

[​IMG]

17. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    No one knows, not even me and I'm one of those that investigates a lot, but there are at least 4 reasonable theories for it, spoiler it just to be safe
    1.- Possibly is a future version of Honoka
    2.- Could be Honoka's long lost older sister
    3.- Possibly a muse, and I'm talking divinity here
    4.- A figment of Honoka's imagination
    Though I'd go for the 4th option