Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Live-Action Corpse Party Sequel Film's Title, Livestream Shooting Revealed

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by Vladnyx, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The official website of the live-action film adaptation of 5pb.'s Corpse Party horror game franchise revealed on Monday that the previously announced sequel to the film will be titled Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, the same title of the 2011 sequel game.

The film will begin principal photography on Tuesday. As with the previous film, the production will livestream the shoot through Nico NicoVideo. The livestream will launch on Thursday. The livestream's guests include original game writer Makoto Kedōin, Corpse Party 2U spinoff game scenario writer Mafia Kajita, and voice actor Tomokazu Sugita, who voiced the character Yūya Kizami in the original game.

The film will open in Japan this summer.
    [​IMG]
    Nogizaka46 member and former AKB48 member Rina Ikoma and Nozomi Maeda will reprise their roles from the original film.

The first film opened in Japanese theaters last August, alongside a simultaneous live stream on Nico Nico Live. A new "Unlimited Edition" of the film, which featured explicit sequences cut from the original theatrical release, opened in Japan last September.
    [​IMG]
    XSEED Games released the PSP version of the original Corpse Party game in North America and Europe, as well as the follow-up game Corpse Party: Book of Shadows. 5pb. released an iOS port with XSEED's English translation in 2014. XSEED Games is releasing the original Corpse Partygame's 3DS version in summer, and the PC version on April 25.

Team GrisGris and 5pb. released the third and final chapter in the Heavenly Host Elementary School saga, titled Corpse Party: Blood Drive, in Japan in 2014. The game shipped in North America and Europe in October.​

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i am happy that this series (or franchise) is getting attention as im really curious how the story will end. having played the Book of Shadows, it much explains some points that the OVA missed to explain like the relationship of the Sachiko and Ayumi having the same family name.

despite that, im not really that excited about the live action coming out plainly because its a live action horror movie. i dont like horror movies in general but anime horror is something that i can swallow (yeah weird).

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Noobs not weird in the slightest. I dislike horror movies, I can't recall having seen an entire one that was built around the killing of characters specifically. I've seen numerous deaths from the Final Destination franchise and it doesn't interest me at all. Corpse Party's animated gore got me a lot more interested, I definitely want more anime Corpse Party.
    Good for the franchise but I doubt I'll ever watch this one.