Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Little Witch Academia Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Time to start the discussion for the fantasy movie Little Witch Academia
    Discussion for this movie will go on for at least 3 days, please share your opinions about the anime.

You can also start nominating anime in the nominations section

@supernatural-knight
    @sporadic
    @sir-maddy
    @hikikomori
    @keiichi-morisato
    @natsuru-san
    @wampa
    @doomguy
    @ovyda
    @batosai

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Very cute. For a single 20ish minute episode they sure poured a whole lot in it. A lot of cliches thrown around but in no way did they feel forced or unnecessary. On the contrary the established character types certainly helped the creators move quickly to the main plot revolving around the take down of the dragon.

Real nice touch on that dragon destruction btw. Fireworks explosions as a throwback to the beginning is the kind of thing that shows that a lot of effort was made to showoff the "magic" of being a witch. Certainly could fit a Disney magic and fireworks show :).

The anime reminded me of many other shows I seen. For some reason it reminded me of Slayers perhaps due to the happy like nature of the protagonist and the comedic situations she fell into (thankfully not overdone either). Even had a Harry Potter vibe but maybe that's a stretch or a matter of course in this case.

Overall a definitely good time used. Considering how short it was I don't know what kind of score to give it but definitely recommend watching.

3. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For some reason i had it in my head that it was longer so i was a bit disappointed when i noticed it was only a normal episodes length. Like doom said the characters were pretty generic overall but they were bearable. The art style was a bit different to look at. I really liked the little dungeon crawling segment that they did and the dragons art style was pretty cool. The fireworks did have a very disney feel to them indeed doom.

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well, I didn't watch the movie on Sat but just a few mins ago. Glad I watched it now, needed this. :) Anyway, yes I guess it had a Disney/Harry Potter feel to it but it stands as it's own anime/series and I LOVED every freaking bit of Little Witch Academia! >:) I love all the characters (I don't find them or anything cliché in this anime), all the humor, all the magic and hell, EVERYTHING! I rate it as an 8.5 and not many anime get such a high rating from me. Now even though its an 8.5, I got to still say, Little witch Academia=MASTER PIECE! I'll end my thoughts for now with these famous words. Believing is magic.

@sir-maddy: I was a bit surprised there was no yuri in it lol, but anyway, care to share your thoughts and feelings on this AMAZING anime? :) Btw, thank you soo much for having those gifs of this anime, I might not of watched it had it not of been for you putting those gifs in your sig. :)

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I really liked it.
    Out of all the other projects that aired, this was the only one I watched.
    Can't wait for it's sequel.

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if I'm the only one but did anyone else notice the complete lack of...uh... "detailed" provocative snapshots of the witches?

Not that I was actively looking or anything but it seemed to parody that subtrope of flashing underwear by instead showing a magical viel of total darkness. Self censorship perhaps? Why go through the trouble then to put them in awkward positions?

Clearly I had a fair share of transforming magic girls in my time.

Yeah now I'm analysing this a little too deeply :)

7. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    For those wondering, the sequel ro LWA is due this month. For more iffo you can see MAL or you can see the KS. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2

@Maddy: I really loved it myself and can't agree with you more on that sequel. :)

@Doom: Nope. Never noticed what you were talking about or to put it another way, Wait, there was fan service in LWA? o_O

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    No no,I'm not saying there was, just that it's weird to see a show about witches not even attempt to show a single fan service moment. They had chances too during all the action scenes.

No underwear, no skin, no tight clothing or scantly clad armor. Just a plain brown robe.

Yeah my mind was obviously in the wrong place to even notice the lack of service :)

Certainly did a good thing though not falling into the pitfall of having to revert to such means. Not to mention they looked rather young so they stayed appropriate.

Yeah my opinion before of magical girl shows aren't exactly pure :)
    Not a bad change of pace for this one.