Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[L2JP] Lessons Overview

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Yunumi, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Konnichiwa Mina-san!

Well now that my final is over, it's time to continue studying, but this time it shall be for things of my own interest. It's time to start some Japanese Lessons! Since studying in a group can sometimes help lead people to success, I plan to organize some lessons for our club activities! Since this is something new, please give me your feedback so we can shape these lessons into something productive for everyone. This thread will be open for feedback and suggestions.

Lessons 101: (Hiragana)

How does it work?

I will sequentially post Lessons as threads within the club and encourage all members to participate. Depending on the lesson club members may be asked to post in the thread, but are always encouraged to ask questions. The more you participate in a lesson, the better chances are you will learn and retain the material.

What will lessons contain?

Starting off each lesson will contain a number of Hiragana Characters and their Romaji translations. The lesson follows up by applying these characters in different subsections to help test your knowledge and retention of the characters. As the lessons go on, more material will be introduced like particles, sentence building, conversation translating, and many more exercises.

What is the goal of each lesson?

The goal of each lesson is not only to teach you the Hiragana Characters but help you retain them with constant applications. You may notice that subsequent lessons will contain less Romaji and will use the previously learned Hiragana. I also hope to include a little bit about Japanese culture behind the words. As each lesson increases the number of Hiragana Characters, I hope to increase your vocabulary so you can not only write character, but words as well. You might also get the change to figure out what some common words in anime mean or related subjects. (Like Kemonomimi!)

Lessons may also be designed to help teach you other aspects of the Japanese Language like counting, introductions, culture tips, etc..

Why should I listen to you?

I am by no means an expert in the Japanese Language and am in the process of learning myself. I do however, have access to some teaching materials and methods that have worked for me and that I hope work for all of you. I am a firm believer that the more you are exposed to something, the more of a chance you have to retain and learn the material. I am by no means a qualified teacher or will be 100% correct all of the time. I am bound to make a mistake, but I hope we can all learn from it together. If anything, I encourage you to look up the material and doubt me as much as possible. This will only increase your exposure to the material and help you learn it!

As mentioned before, feel free to leave any suggestions or comments below.​