Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[L2JP] How are you learning Japanese?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Yunumi, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Konnichiwa Mina-San!

Since there are many different ways to learn Japanese, let's hear what other's are using! Feel free to share what you have tried and mention whether or not it worked for you. You can say some things that you liked or disliked about the book, podcast, or other method you have tried.

-I am trying out the "Japanese From Zero" book series and so far they are working out great! The first book starts a lesson off with new Hiragana characters and slowly uses them instead of romaji. They call it "progressive" learning and it seems to work out for me so far. The book also covers numbers, counting objects, grammar, particles, and many other parts of the language. I got the second book as well, but I have yet to work on it. It looks like it will be the same kind of deal as the first, but with Katakana instead.

-I also got some "moekana" cards with some kawaii chibi characters. The cards show a picture to associate with the Hiragana shown. (romaji shown as well)

-I have a little app on my phone called "kana" and it has some of the Hiragana and Katakana characters. They also have a little "quiz" where you can test your knowledge of the symbols and even some example words.

-Finally, I did end up getting Rosetta Stone but found it to be horrible for beginners. The first few lessons were pronunciation but they started throwing everything out in Hiragana. Safe to say I will go back to tackle that now that I know how to read Hiragana and Katakana.

2. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I listen to Japanese Pod 101 and watch the videos on YouTube which are by far very entertaining and easy for me to understand.

3. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I signed up for their webpage and they spam so many emails lol. I have yet to go through with the lessons though. I have their podcast on my iPhone but haven't used it much to mention yet. (not-premium member so IDK what I get)

4. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I have some audio files + HumanJapanese [software] plus beginner kana cards.
    None of which i use as much as i should.

then also goes without saying... anime.

5. Apocist Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0